Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing contacts from SIM to phone.

(Topic created on: 27-01-2022 05:28 AM)
Judesman
Navigator
Options

My wife has changed her contract from Pay As You Go to SIM only on her Galaxy A52S. This requires a new SIM card where all her contacts are currently stored. We have moved the contacts to her phone by accessing Contacts/Manage contacts/Import or Export and importing to phone. I wasn't sure about the process so repeated the exercise twice. Now if we access a contact and the Storage Location the contact appears three times with the option to unlink at the side. Question: Is it as simple as unlinking two of the three contacts leaving just one reference to the contact? Are the two unwanted references stored somewhere else that should be deleted? Any help appreciated please.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It sounds just like you've duplicated the contacts @Judesman 

You could try what your suggesting or factory reset and start again.

I had this a while ago and as contacts held on the sim card are limited in what can be stored with the number i.e I like to have a person's address and email in the contact,  I moved the contacts from the sim card to the phone and then performed a back up using Samsung Cloud.

Then when I keyed in my Samsung Account into the new phone I set it up using the Samsung back up.

Some people like to use Samsung Smartswitch.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Many thanks, I am going to speak to the service provider today.  They told us how to import contacts into the phone before changing the SIM. I want to avoid a factory reset and don't want to create more problems.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're welcome @Judesman 

Each phone typically has its own process i.e Samsung is different to an iPhone as one example.

There might be some support pages on your network and there is tutorials via a Google search and on YouTube.

Do let us know how you get on with this please. 

I wish all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Thank you, much appreciated.  I have had good trawl of the internet and will certainly let you know the outcome.  I hate technology, I'm too old for it!

0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Spoken to the helpful O2 shop locally. Having imported contacts to this phone from the SIM card THREE times, each contact appears three times in "Storage Locations" with the option to "Unlink". So all three contacts are linked to the ONE contact that appears in the list of contacts.  By unlinking TWO of the three contacts, the three contacts then appear as THREE of the same contacts in the contacts list. So, the answer is to unlink and then delete two of the three contacts that appear in the contact list. All resolved but a bit laborious.

0 Likes