Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons size increased

(Topic created on: 18-02-2023 10:55 PM)
Frankie107
Student
Options
A few days ago several settings in my Galaxy A6 android 10 phone mysteriously increased, presumably due to some sort of update by Samsung. One I cannot reverse is that all icons on the Home page are very large such that there are only 12 to a page and I cannot find how to reduce their size to what they were before. I have hunted through all Settings but cannot find a solution. Any ideas?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Check your ACCESSIBILITY settings, in case you accidentally activated something that was designed to assist visually-impaired people. There is also a grid setting somewhere, that allows you to specify the number of icons to display on your screen (4 x 4, 5 x 5, etc). Most obvious place to find that particular setting would be under DISPLAY, I guess.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
You can decrease your apps size by going into the home screen settings and try I different grid size.
0 Likes
Frankie107
Student
Options
Thank you Steven9762 but I have checked the accessibility settings. Also there is nothing about a grid in any of the settings as far as I can see and search
0 Likes
Frankie107
Student
Options
...and searching for "grid" produces a nol return
0 Likes
Frankie107
Student
Options
Thanks Keith40 but there is nothing about grids in the HomeScreen settings.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I've been on a "night out" with friends. Hopefully, I can check out what you need tomorrow. 😊
Frankie107
Student
Options
Thank you Steven 9761
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry for the late reply... goto HOME SCREEN SETTINGS. Once there, have a look, and see if APPS SCREEN GRID is there. I think this may solve your issue. 😊
0 Likes
Frankie107
Student
Options
Thanks Steven and Keith but I have now spoken to a Samsung agent. She advised me that the Home page had updated software added and that the new version fixed the icon size at the bigger size. Either the A6 does not have software that can adjust the grid size or else the Settings ha
0 Likes