Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a A21 and it says its lightning fast but it is slow

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 06:15 PM)
SneezyDing
Explorer
Options
I never installed anything on my brand new A21 But it says it lighting fast but for me its slow
16 REPLIES 16
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
As the A21 is a budget phone its quite normal for them not to be "lightning fast"

which one of the A21s do you have?
the June 2020 model or the A21s?

as its a 170 pound device whilst the spec sheet on the A21 2020 model says lightning fast its still operating Android 10 on outdated hardware and low internal storage combined with 3gb of ram that are almost always running at full use even while looking at your home screen.

I can try and help optimise the settings with you if you like but I just want to make sure your expectations are within the budget range and not similar to the A51/71/90(budget to midrange) or any galaxy phone after the 5th in comparison
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
The A21s is marginally more powerful then the A21 with a better camera, but the a21 isn't sold in the UK so he must be talking about the A21s. I don't think Samsung marketed that phone as lightning fast, because the A21s definitely isn't. It may be a decent phone for £160, however, it is not going to be fast and you are not gonna find anything 'fast' at this price point. It may be certainly usuable however chances are it may just not be keeping up with what you are doing. 32gb of emmc 5.1 storage and 3gb of ram wasn't exactly great back in 2019 even, and the processor in the A21s has a single core Mali GPU with no fast CPU cortex A7x cores. As @Phoenix142 said, there may be some things you can do however a lot of it is likely down to the hardware. As a side note, at £170 if you find a galaxy m21/m31 that would be a better performing device, however I'm not sure if you would.
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
to be fair there been a good number of people on the forum lately with devices from all over, better to ask of lol.

good post!

and as was mentioned by us both, you won't find a "lightning fast" device in that price range, but there are a few things that can be done to smoothen the ride a bit.

I'll wait for your reply before writing it out in case you aren't checking the post...
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I would say probably fastest devices in Samsung A series are Samsung Galaxy A51 5g or the Samsung A71. I use A51 5g and have had no issues with speed whatsoever. Completely surpassed my expectations 😊😊
SneezyDing
Explorer
Options
i have a 4gb A21s
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah true on that diversity of devices point lol, tbh I have seen people talking about phones like the a30 or some other models that weren't officially sold here.
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
I can only speak for the A71 and A90 5G (I'm loving this, primary work phone)

but I definitely agree with you
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
alright, can you give me a general idea of how you use it on a normal day?

just to give me an idea to what might be best to suggest for you :smiling-face:
0 Likes
SneezyDing
Explorer
Options
i just use it to message people and call people
0 Likes