Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant ring my sons i phone without it going straiht to voucemail

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 05:29 PM)
smoothly
Apprentice
Options

Hi all first post so be kind, my son has a i phone i have a samsung a20e, if i ring him his phone goes straight to voicmail if i txt him he doesnt get the txts whats wrong, he isnt on do not disturb and his phone works fine is it my phone ive been through everything or is it his thanks paul.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @smoothly 

Does this happen with all the calls and texts to him from his various friends etc or just you ?

What happens when you ring / text someone else ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

This can help to highlight if this is a phone , sim card , account issue or network mast issue.

Sometimes network signal issues can cause problems too.

In the UK the length of time a phone rings before it goes to Voicemail can be changed to be lengthened so it rings longer before going to voicemail.

This is controlled by the network and can usually be changed by a specific shortcode found on the networks support website or via customer services for the network.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
smoothly
Apprentice
Options

Its just my sons phone and txts ftom me to him like ive blocked him or something its weird, his girlfriend and everyone else are fine but i ring him it rings once and voicemail ime not clever enough to look into settings to see if anythings been ticked or maybe unticked etc so i thought ide ask on here

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It could be also on his side too with his own phone settings @smoothly 

If he's blocked you then he would need to check in his own phone settings.

Can you ask him to check his phone.

In your phone try launching your phone app and choose the 3 little dots in the top Rh corner and choose settings and blocked numbers and look if his number is in the list.

Your network customer services would be able to check things on their side with your account(s)

By you both using another phone this could help as mentioned in my previous reply.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

smoothly
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for  the replys, i was stood next to a woman at football this morning and we just got chatting about stuff and the chatt got round to phones and problems so i told her about my samsung and my sons i phone, which as he was playing i had in my pocket, she asks to have a look deletes my number from his phone and his from mine and puts them back in rings my soms phone and it works fine, so i ask whats hapoened and she says instead of been 077xxxxxxxxxx4 it was +4477xxxxxxxxxx4 removed the +44 re inputted the number and were sorted .

0 Likes