Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to set a custom ringtone for a contact on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone

(Topic created on: 18-08-2022 10:40 PM)
Euskadi750
Journeyman
Options

Good Evening,

I have a Galaxy A22 5G Smartphone and am experiencing problems assigning a ringtone to the Contacts in my phone.

I have watched the Video on Youtube from Samsung Global but I have been unable to set a custom ringtone.

When I go in to the Phone App and click on Contacts I tap the i icon which then leads me to the Contact details , I then click on Edit but when I do the next screen only shows the name of the Contact and the Phone number.

There are no other fields or entries to tap on so I am unable to proceed any further.

Is it not possible to assign a ringtone on the A22 5G or am I doing something incorrect.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
Euskadi750
Journeyman
Options

This is a screenshot of one of my contacts , it's a local traderThis is a screenshot of one of my contacts , it's a local trader

0 Likes
Euskadi750
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

When I click on Edit , it only shows the contact name and telephone number.

When I click on more you can see what I get from the photo above.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Euskadi750: Following from the screenshot above, you will need to tap the 'Edit' option at the bottom of the screen, then tap the 'View more' drop down arrow below the list of details that appear. For clarity, please follow the steps below. 

Open the Phone app > Tap on the Contacts tab > Select a contact > Tap the 'i' symbol > Tap 'Edit' at the bottom of the screen > Tap the 'View more' drop down option > Scroll to the bottom of the list of options > Ringtone > Select your ringtone > Back > Save. 

Euskadi750
Journeyman
Options

Hi AndrewL,

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is when I tap on Edit after I've tapped on the i symbol the next screen only shows 3 fields  , 1 Name of the Contact , 2 Telephone Number and 3 A field for you to enter an email address for the Contact.

There are no other options on the screen so I'm unable to proceed any further.

0 Likes
Euskadi750
Journeyman
Options

20220819_145914.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Euskadi750: Does the issue persist if you access the contact via the Contacts app (swipe up from your Home Screen > Contacts > Select the contact > Tap Edit at the bottom of the screen? If so, you may need to change the storage location of your contacts in order to access the relevant options. To do this, head to the Contacts app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the option at the top of the pop up window (above Groups), and make a note of where the contacts are currently stored. If you're not sure, there should be a number next to the relevant category. Now, select Manage contacts > Move contacts, and follow the on screen instructions. I recommend moving them to 'Phone', as this will utilise your internal storage, and should make the options described above available to you once they have been moved. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Solution
Euskadi750
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew,

I've just done what you advised and it's worked.

Thank you so much for your help.

I can now go ahead and start assigning ringtones to my contacts.

Have a great weekend.