Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to set a custom ringtone for a contact on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone

(Topic created on: 18-08-2022 11:21 PM)
Euskadi750
Journeyman
Options

Good Evening,

I have a Galaxy A22 5G Smartphone and am experiencing problems assigning a ringtone to the Contacts in my phone.

I have watched the Video on Youtube from Samsung Global but I have been unable to set a custom ringtone.

When I go in to the Phone App and click on Contacts I tap the i icon which then leads me to the Contact details , I then click on Edit but when I do the next screen only shows the name of the Contact and the Phone number.

There are no other fields or entries to tap on so I am unable to proceed any further.

Is it not possible to assign a ringtone on the A22 5G or am I doing something incorrect.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
Below the contact details there should be a 'view more' option at the bottom. Select that and you will see more details. One of them is ringtone.
0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
If not .then maybe it's only on some phones.
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
On the edit screen then there should be a 'view more' at the bottom. Click that. A number of fields should then come up. scroll to very bottom and ringtone & call vibration settings are there. Change then to whichever ringtone or audio file you want and save.
Euskadi750
Journeyman
Options

HI ,

When I click on more it only shows  Delete , QR Code and Block contact.

It doesn't give me any other options.

0 Likes
Euskadi750
Journeyman
Options

When I click on more it only shows  Delete , QR Code and Block contact.

It doesn't give me any other options.

0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
Click edit first. In the edit screen there should be a view more option. Scroll down to ringtone.
0 Likes
Euskadi750
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

I have tried clicking on the Edit screen which then took me to the more option but when I click on more I am only given 3 options , 

Delete , QR Code and Block Contact.

So unless my particular model is faulty or hasn't received an update?

0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
Do you not have a view more option in the edit screen?
0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
Send a pic of your edit screen. Blocking any personal details pls
0 Likes