Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove Samsung account from my phone I am selling

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 10:28 AM)
BIBURYBILL
Navigator
Options
I have bought a new A21s and Samsung say remove old device from Samsung account how do I do this ?thank you
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AsadM
Options

Hi @BIBURYBILL 

Hope you're doing well. You can remove your existing devices from your Samsung account by going into the Samsung Members app > Get help > My products > Select your previous phone model > Tap on the phone model at the top of the screen > Tap the bin icon in top right. Hope this helps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi there,
factory reset your phone in settings.
this will reset your phone and remove all accounts on it ..
Hopefully this is some help to you.
0 Likes
BIBURYBILL
Navigator
Options
Yes thanks that fixed my problem
0 Likes
MagsMcLean
Journeyman
Options

I'm trying to remove the Samsung account from my mum's old Galaxy Ace, so that I can do a factory reset and pass the phone on.

I've removed the phone from the Samsung account (using the laptop) but I cannot remove the account from the phone - when I enter the password (which IS correct) it comes back with 'processing failed' - same message before and after I accessed the Samsung account on the laptop.

Can't do a factory reset without removing the Samsung account. Can't remove the account because 'processing failed'. I have manually deleted every single bit of data from that bloody phone, but my mum's email address is still there so I'm not comfortable with passing it on so any ideas??

0 Likes
MrsSKane
Apprentice
Options
How do you get a verification code on a new device if you no longer have the old device that is registered on your Samsung device
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MrsSKane: Please follow the link below, and look for 'Set up Two-Step Verification > On Your Computer' and follow the on screen instructions. 

• 1. Sign in to your Samsung account at account.samsung.com.
  • 2. Go to Security > Two-step verification, then click Authenticator app.
  • 3. Verify the phone number you'll use to receive verification codes.

Samsung account

0 Likes
Members_9JIiy8Q
First Poster
Options

Hi did you manage to resolve it I have the same problem have 2 previous Samsung's and will not pass them on with email account still showing .Thought factory reset would do that but it does not.

0 Likes