Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to get out a single photo from a motion photo?

(Topic created on: 24-08-2021 01:23 PM)
Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Hi!

I wonder is there some way to get apart a single photo from a motion photo which as I assume, is a short video clip.

Sometimes there is unnecessary pictures in it and possibly only one good one which I would like to save without sound and unclear pictures.

Is there possibly some editing tool in Samsung Galaxy A52 or in Google Play for such use?

I now tried to take a screenshot and send it via WhatsApp. But would rather like to get that real photo clipped out from that tiny video which that motion photo seems to me..

Thank you for your points of view! 

12 REPLIES 12
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Spectro: After you capture the Motion Photo, tap on 'View Motion Photo' at the bottom of the screen. From here, you can pinpoint a frame of the short clip, and tap the picture frame symbol in the bottom left corner to grab a still frame. 

Alternatively, take a short  clip using the Video camera, then head to your Gallery > 3 lines in the bottom right > Videos > Select the video, and tap the symbol in the bottom left of the picture to capture a still frame. I hope this helps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
A52 doesn't support Motion Photo.
Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Spectro Hello, open the recorded video and you will see the symbol marked in the screenshot. With this button you can take photos of a video. Greetings.

1.jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Thank You so much Andrew! :smiling-face:

You just made my day!

Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Thank You GalaxyA51user for your comment! My phone is actually A52 5g and it was good to learn that these two models have also other minor differences e.g. in this camera program! 

I thought that the main differences were 4g vs 5g and the material in the screen.

This community is just so great! :smiling-face: I am so pleased with the activity of all the members! Thera are so much to learn and find out with all options this new Samsung device offers!

@

Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Thank You Ventor for your answer and the photo!

In these videoclips one might find so great still photos! Often one single photo cannot capture e.g. nice moments on someone's face, but froma longer video clip you might find so fine moments! 

Pembo
Student
Options

I'm not sure about the A52, mine is a S21+, but I imagine the motion picture feature and tools are much the same.  If so,  I tried saving the screenshot as described and received the message that the screenshot had been saved,  but then couldn't find it anywhere.  

However, I found an alternative approach which has the benefit of also optimising the picture quality of the shot, though is a little more fiddly - but at least you can find the shot easily afterwards. Hit 'view motion picture', scroll left/ right to find the frame you want to keep,  hit the back button at the top left.  The frame you selected will be the one currently on view.  Select the 3 dots in the bottom right and select the option to remaster picture. The app will analyse and remaster the pictureYou will then see the picture with a line showing before and after (you may have to zoom out to see the whole picture,  using your thumb and forefinger  - I had to). You can move the line between before and after from side to side to see what it will look like.  If you're happy,  hit the download button at bottom left then,  when you go back to your gallery,  you will see two shots,  the original motion picture and, immediately before it,  the optimised single shot.  You can,  of course,  then delete the motion picture if you wish.  

If anybody can tell me where the screenshot saved from the other approach can be found (it's certainly not in gallery, screenshots or DCIM Camera on my device) I'd appreciate it so that I can choose the faster approach if I wish,  but I'll probably still use this approach when I have the time as it really does improve picture quality (vividness of colours)

Pembo
Student
Options

I have an update to my earlier reply.  I now realise that,  when you remaster the picture,  it doesn't use the frame you had selected,  it always use the last frame.  That is great if the last frame gives the view you want,  which I've personally found is most often the case,  possibly because it's what you naturally do when taking a photo,  and it does improve the picture quality,  but if you want to pick a different frame,  you have to use the screenshot technique.  I've also now found the screenshot is saved in the video capture folder (which feels a little counter-intuitive as it is in fact,  as desired,  a single image. You can still remaster the picture created by the screenshot to get the quality improvement.  

Members_Cuz3amn
First Poster
Options

I have an A52 5G model number SM-A526B/DS and it DOES support Motion Photo

0 Likes