Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you Playback and Audio file?

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 12:21 PM)
Felonious_Monk
Apprentice
Options
I need help listening to audio files.

If I use Voice Recorder to record something. Or any audio file I have in my storage. If I click on it to play it it gives me the following option: "Open With" Amazon Music, Spotify or YouTube Music. And no other options. 

I don't wish to open it with any of these apps. Is there another option of how I can playback audio recordings. As I'm finding this really frustrating as I'm unable to listen to anything.

Thank you.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I usually use VLC, should be able to find it in Playstore
Felonious_Monk
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. But do you know why there is no other option other than playing back on the 3 options it gives me? I'd rather just play it back on Voice Recorder but I can't bypass the "Open With" Amazon Music, Spotify or YouTube Music unless I pick one.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you can see them on the list you should be able to play it backScreenshot_20220302-123346_Voice Recorder_2305_1646224426.jpgScreenshot_20220302-123424_Voice Recorder_2306_1646224464.jpg
Felonious_Monk
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. My main issue is bypassing those options. For example if I go to my storage and click on a video. The option is "Open With" Video Player (funnily enough) and I can click Just Once or Always. So with and Audio file I want to be able to click on it and the option is "Open With" voice recorder and so I can set it to Always. Is there anyway to do this? Why is it only giving me Amazon, Spotify and YouTube Music as options. Plus I appear to have accidentally clicked Amazon Music and it's saying it needs permissions. So now any time I click on an audio file it's no longer giving me the option of "Open With" Amazon Music, Spotify or YouTube Music but it goes straight to "Amazon needs permission to continue". How do I get away from this? I can't get it to stop asking me this?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh I get it now you want voice recorder to be the default app for voice recording

I think you can do that, let me try and get back to you
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Voice recorder can not be used as a default app, you can choose a different one available and select always and it won't prompt
Felonious_Monk
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for all your replies and help.
0 Likes