Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I sign in to my Samsung Account on my phone ??

(Topic created on: 31-10-2021 08:11 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Just bought an A12 and it asked me to make a Samsung account to use some features. I tried but it kept asking me my phone number. I decided to make an account here and try to sign in to it on my phone but it is still asking me for my phone number. And no, there's no way in hell I am going to type in my phone number. I don't even have a sim card on that phone.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User ,Hello, this is so, because Samsung has obligatorily introduced double authentication 2FA, to create and verify accounts. Security reasons.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

That doesn't sound accurate because I created This account just fine. If anything it should be the other way around.

0 Likes
hannah33369
Pioneer
Options
You have to enter your phone number. There is no other way. They're not going to use it or share it with anyone. Chill out
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

There's absolutely no reason they should need that. Same how a weather app doesn't need access to your contacts. Also I've heard that line before.

0 Likes
hannah33369
Pioneer
Options
Then you can't use your Samsung account 🙄
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

What a stupid system. Who comes up with that ***** ?? It's not even grounded in reality.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Anonymous User: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. When you register your Samsung account on a new device, it will run through 2-step verification for security purposes. This will initially be a necessity, however once completed you can head to Settings > Tap your profile at the top of the screen > Security Settings > Two-step verification > Enter your password, then disable the feature from here. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

What are you on about ??? There is literally no way to turn off 2-step verification. You lied to me. A moderator. There's two things I regret in my life and one of them is buying a Samsung phone.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Anonymous User 

We can assure you no-one is lying to you. It is possible to disable Two-step verification in the Security and privacy section of your Samsung account. This may not apply if you've not entered a valid mobile number.

0 Likes