Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How do I know if my A70 is fake?

(Topic created on: 28-10-2019 11:11 AM)
nickjrp
Apprentice
Options

I have just purchased an A70 and am concerned that it is not genuine. It looks real and the build quality seems good but I have a couple of things which are preventing me from being completely satisfied.

Firstly, I checked the IMEI number on imei.info and it said that the IMEI number related to a 'A700F GALAXY A7 (SM-A705FN)'. It includes a picture of an A7 and the specs for the A7.

Secondly, after running DevCheck, it said that my rear camer was an 8MP camera not the 32MP advertised.

Can anyone advise if they have seen something similar or if they know a way of confirming its authenticity? I bought the phone from a third party and am trying to decide whether to pursue or not.

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@nickjrp: SM-A705FN is the model number for the A70, so that checks out. What I would suggest is comparing the serial number and IMEI number found on the back of the device to those found in the settings.

Settings > About Phone > Status > Serial Number > IMEI Information > IMEI number.

If these match then the device is likely to be genuine. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
nickjrp
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL, this does help thanks. I'm glad to say they match.

I'm still a little confused as to why the camera is not showing as 32MP.

When I look at the info for the photos I have taken they are actually showing as 12MP not 32MP. resolution of 4032 x 3024, has anyone else noyiced this on their phones? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@nickjrp: That's reassuring. The A70 has 3 cameras, with the main being 32MP, however there's a 8MP Ultrawide angle and a 5MP Depth camera. What mode were you in when you took the photos that showed up as 12MP?
0 Likes
nickjrp
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL

Thanks for your help with this. I have found out that by changing the aspect ratio (to 3:4H) I can get the full resolution of the camera.

Feeling much better about it now and enjoying my new phone 😀

Anonymousamsun1
First Poster
Options
That's actually becoz I think u have to setup the resolution in the camera settings...even my phone it was set up to the lowet resolution to save space by default
0 Likes
Rizwan36
First Poster
Options

Hey! My A70 doesnt give extrene fps in pubg mob what could be the reason? 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Rizwan36 ,

as Samsung our information about third-party apps is limited and I would advise contacting the game developer to provide you with further information about why this is not available for this phone. 

Jejemey
First Poster
Options

My Samsung A70 too is the same, I regretted purchasing that device. The camera makes me cry

Try taking a pics a zoom, then look at the distortion that comes with it, I mean something breaking and cracking like it's cursed. I am still regretting Samsung can scam me with 32mp ( cameras) of nothingness 

I hate you Samsung 

0 Likes
Maari
First Poster
Options

If the IMEI number on the box doesn't match that of the phone(Samsung A70 pro).. Does that mean it's fake..? If so then what shall I do..?

0 Likes