Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal glitch lines A52s 5g

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 06:20 AM)
Members_gGszQGM
Apprentice
Options

Since the first day I got my phone, it started to show horizontal glitch lines appear and dissappear in a matter of milli seconds.

The bug was gone at the next day, so I kept my phone and didn't trade it in. 

Then I got the oneui4 update yesterday which brought these glitch lines back.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @Members_gGszQGM

Could you try running a Service Test on your phone?

1. From the phone dialler, enter *#0*#.
2. Select RED, and then tap the screen.
3. Select GREEN, and then tap the screen.
4. Select BLUE, and then tap the screen.
5. Select BLACK, and then tap the screen.

While displaying the colours, was the issue still occurring?

0 Likes
Members_gGszQGM
Apprentice
Options

Yes I tried that more than once and the glitch lines where ob those green,blue,red screens

0 Likes
Members_gGszQGM
Apprentice
Options

on*

0 Likes
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Is there any physical damage to your screen or phone at all? If not, it may be worth doing a Factory Data Reset. Make sure you back up your data though! 

See how to back up: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/backing-up-and-restoring-data-on-my-galaxy/

0 Likes
Members_gGszQGM
Apprentice
Options

No there is no damage, this was already there after i took it out the of the box.

0 Likes
NumLock0
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue with my A52s G5! It happens randomly when using apps like Instagram, Whatsapp or Facebook (this is what I noticed so far). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9970GhUkzY

0 Likes
Members_QyZQXHI
Student
Options

Same issue here. It has been a month. The glitch does not appear when the phone is screen recording nor when it is screenshooting. Maybe it is not a software issue. Neither formats updates clearing,cleaning nor changing from 2G networks to 3G etc is resolving the issue. 

I have not seen this before. After updating to the newest UI last Monday and updating in Galaxy store all apps + all apps from play store, I thought the issue got resolved because I did not see it happening again. 

Today the problem appeared again and this time even worse. What I discovered: The battery status was lower than 42%. Before the updates the battery charge did not matter, it kept happening. Now if the phone is charged above 42% It does not occur to me. Lower than 27% battery causes extreme screen line-glitches and the phone heats up. You might have to check the motherboards or charging boards and voltage. There might be the issue, on the hardware, because software wise even on safe mode it keeps happening. Rebooting, restoring, factory resetting and updating does not resolve it and it happens from the day you open the box. Please give us an update on this asap. 

I hope that helped 

Here is also a video from today on 22% charge 

Members_QyZQXHI_0-1646361733929.gif

0 Likes