Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the notch

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 04:12 PM)
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

I have a galaxy a70 and although I don't mind the notch I thought I would experiment to see if hiding it had any trade offs, such as any detriment to the battery , performance,  ui frame rate, etc

I've read online that hiding the notch has a slight detrimental effect on performance,  due to it being a process/ active option.

But if you look in the settings for hiding the notch , within the phone settings I mean....it actually says hiding the notch can fix some display issues with apps.

As I said I don't care if there is a notch or not, but if hiding it can fix any issues or make an apps ui just a little bit cleaner, then why not give it a try.

Anyone with experience of hiding the notch? Pros / cons etc 

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What I find is that turning On a feature can use more resources thus use more battery but this can be negligible loss @GingerSteve 

I'm not sure about apps working better with no camera cut out as the app developers should have written them to work with or without the camera cut out.

Stay Safe  🌈

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Thank you for the reply , I would rather be super strict on battery use, so I'm fine with the notch showing.
And yes that's what I thought , the notch hiding would be an extra process so not necessarily a benefit to battery life.

I don't even like wasting a small percentage of battery 🙂

And before I go, I hope you too stay safe and well