Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grey film over screen? Galaxy A50

(Topic created on: 15-04-2020 10:37 PM)
Jess263107
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? For the last two or three days, I have had a grey film over everything on my screen. It started intermittently, being triggered by locking/unlocking my phone, but now it happens every time. I have also noticed it has become slower to lock/unlock, and just before the screen goes black/wakes up every time I lock/unlock, a blank grey screen appears briefly. I have checked the screen settings, nothing is set to change the colour and the blue light filter isn't on. I have restarted several times, changed themes and looked for system updates but there aren't any. Please help! 

10 REPLIES 10
AsadM
Options
Hi Jess263107. Hope you're doing well. Can you please give more information on this? Does the issue happen on every page, and app?
Is the software on your phone up to date? You can check this in Settings > Software Update.
0 Likes
Jess263107
Apprentice
Options

Hi yes it is everything I look at. The only thing that changes it is locking and unlocking my phone, sometimes it gets lighter and sometimes it goes darker again but it doesn't change until I lock and unlock again. Software is up to date. Thanks for replying 

CarlH
Options

Can you check to see if this happens in Safe Mode? To activate this, restart your phone but whilst it's powering up, keep the 'Volume Down' button held until you recah the home screen. If done correctly, Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner. Keep it in this mode for a couple of hours and let us know if the issue persists. 

0 Likes
A505F
First Poster
Options

I have same problem. I have even make it hard reset, but there was no change in display.

0 Likes
Jess263107
Apprentice
Options

Me too still having the same problem. I have found that turning off the function that automatically changes the brightness really helps, but not ideal when you're outside cos you can't see anything to be able to turn the brightness all the way back up. I'm going to take it somewhere when lockdown is lifted will let you know if I get any answers 

Abhyudaydayma
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same problem, every thing is working fine, just that it's like the screen has a grey film over it even while booting up the phone every thing seems grey especially balck areas, I've never dropped my phone, it's a year old no heating issues

0 Likes
SHIRHAAN
Apprentice
Options

Having same issue. Not sure how to fix it.

0 Likes
SHIRHAAN
Apprentice
Options
It is happening in safe mode as well.
0 Likes
YakubHafeel
First Poster
Options

@Jess263107 wrote:

Me too still having the same problem. I have found that turning off the function that automatically changes the brightness really helps, but not ideal when you're outside cos you can't see anything to be able to turn the brightness all the way back up. I'm going to take it somewhere when lockdown is lifted will let you know if I get any answers 

Hey there I've been experiencing this issue as well. Were you able to find the solution and get it fixed ?

0 Likes