Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google/samsung pay on A71

(Topic created on: 16-05-2020 07:52 PM)
LadyNatM
First Poster
Options

Hi I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I have recently upgraded my phone from a Huawei p smart to the Samsung galaxy A71. Google pay worked brilliantly on my old phone but it doesn't work on A71. I have also tried the Samsung pay app and that isn't working either  

Please help

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @LadyNatM 

Is NFC turned On ?

Has your bank authorised usage on the phone when you set it all up on the new phone ?

It might be worth asking your Bank to check things at their end too.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

LadyNatM
First Poster
Options

Hi thank you for your response

I have checked, checked and checked again NFC is on, I have the same phone number as I previously had. I have tried resetting to factory settings and everything but it still isn't working. When I try to set up the contact less payment it says something went wrong

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try going into Settings.  Apps. Google Pay. Storage and clear cache and data @LadyNatM 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
LadyNatM
First Poster
Options

I have tried all that and it is still saying to double check card details, I have wondered if it might be due to the fact that the bank may have sent out a new bank card as my current one is coming up to the expiry date

0 Likes
LadyNatM
First Poster
Options

My banking app is saying that I can use google pay. I have removed my old device from google but still not working

0 Likes
diaqad
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem 😞

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Google-pay-not-working-on-Galaxy-A71/td-p/1734...

i have the same problem, tried everything and still not working.
I think it is knox that is the problem and Google service is disabled inside knox and do not know how to enable it.

Note - Google services by default are disabled inside the KNOX container. If you see Google apps inside the container, please check the EMM console if any related policies are enabled.

https://support.samsungknox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115016026048-How-to-Disable-hide-pre-installed-app...

I need helpe also!

0 Likes
jmaucher
Pathfinder
Options

Same here. Google pay not working on my new A71

0 Likes
veets
First Poster
Options

Same with me...would love if anyone gets a solution

0 Likes