Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A8 2018 MUST Get Android 10 - Petition

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 06:36 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Samsung's update policy, which means every phone gets 2 major updates MUST change. The Galaxy A8 2018 launched in January 2018 with nougat, before the s9 and Oreo while the j7 duo launched 2 months later with Oreo . This means the j7 duo, sold at exactly the same time as the A8, probably for half the price, will get android 10 while the A8 will not. Also, most A8 owners bought it after Oreo rolled out, 2-3 months later so not updating the phone to the newest version on android and making it a year's update before a worse phone should not be acceptable. And this may happen just because it was launched with a 1.5 year old os and had it for about 2 months. The Samsung update policy of 2 years is a lie for the A8 and a 2017 devices - it is more like only 1⅓ years of updates. Also there is nothing that the A6 2018 and all of the 2018 j series do better than the a8, despite all being sold at the same time and they will get android 10. Last year there was a similar petition for A 2017 devices to get pie, but Samsung didnt update them. Hopefully they do read this and learn that they won't make more sales of newer devices if they don't update older ones - it would just further damage their reputation. We must convince them to do this not just for the A8, but other devices like the S8 and note8 and for future updates as well. Android 10 will not roll out to Samsung devices for months, but if this is started now we can let them know early on so they have no excuses of not having enough time to make a new update, etc

206 REPLIES 206
hibari
Student
Options

sup so I switched to a new phone now, even though this is a 2 year old device now (released same year as the A8) IT IS STILL ELIGIBLE WITH ANDROID 11. Like, try to best that Samsung! I've also been recommending every people I know not to buy Samsung phones anymore. They're just not worth it anymore, I mean regardless of whether you're in their high end or midrange samsung phones just looks to me like an overpriced disappointment.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

If i were in your situation if an android 10 uodate were released i would lock the abity of the phone to perform updates via package disabler.

Android 10 requirements are consistently higher than android 9 and there are devices like the a51 who are on the edge of running android 10 so it is not a brilliant idea on an a8, especially ram wise which is the biggest cut off of android 10 which requires 6gb at least to run well

0 Likes
jlma182
Apprentice
Options

The official list of Samsung there are cell phones from 3 GB to 6 GB of RAM and they have Android 10. The Samsung Galaxy A8 deserves Android 10.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

And those under 6gb cannot keep 2 apps opened at the same time and lag.

If you think you deserve to have to change your phone that is another thing

0 Likes
jlma182
Apprentice
Options

Samsung has good software developers and your answer isn't coherent, I invite you to watch videos where they test Android 10 on cell phones with those specifications.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Ok prepare for another a51

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Well I also have an a20e and that runs android 10 flawlessly with only 3 gigs of ram and a slow processor, so this isn't true. If anything android 10 makes the apps run better. The reason the a8 didn't get it isn't cuz of the hardware it's the fact to launched earlier with android 7. 

0 Likes
SteNoz
First Poster
Options

this, the amount of bloatware plus the terrible autofocus that afflicts their middle-end devices stopped me from buying another galaxy forever

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
well they won't give it guys it seems, there wasn't a chance anyway. if you are using A8 and want one UI 2, there was a ROM on XDA developers forum (Or GSI), which is the closest you can get.
0 Likes
Andrew41
Student
Options

Petition signed. Still waiting in 2021...