Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A8 2018 MUST Get Android 10 - Petition

(Topic created on: 28-05-2020 12:17 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Samsung's update policy, which means every phone gets 2 major updates MUST change. The Galaxy A8 2018 launched in January 2018 with nougat, before the s9 and Oreo while the j7 duo launched 2 months later with Oreo . This means the j7 duo, sold at exactly the same time as the A8, probably for half the price, will get android 10 while the A8 will not. Also, most A8 owners bought it after Oreo rolled out, 2-3 months later so not updating the phone to the newest version on android and making it a year's update before a worse phone should not be acceptable. And this may happen just because it was launched with a 1.5 year old os and had it for about 2 months. The Samsung update policy of 2 years is a lie for the A8 and a 2017 devices - it is more like only 1⅓ years of updates. Also there is nothing that the A6 2018 and all of the 2018 j series do better than the a8, despite all being sold at the same time and they will get android 10. Last year there was a similar petition for A 2017 devices to get pie, but Samsung didnt update them. Hopefully they do read this and learn that they won't make more sales of newer devices if they don't update older ones - it would just further damage their reputation. We must convince them to do this not just for the A8, but other devices like the S8 and note8 and for future updates as well. Android 10 will not roll out to Samsung devices for months, but if this is started now we can let them know early on so they have no excuses of not having enough time to make a new update, etc

206 REPLIES 206
Crististoica199
First Poster
Options

Samsung's update policy, which means every phone gets 2 major updates MUST change. The Galaxy A8 2018 launched in January 2018 with nougat, before the s9 and Oreo while the j7 duo launched 2 months later with Oreo . This means the j7 duo, sold at exactly the same time as the A8, probably for half the price, will get android 10 while the A8 will not. Also, most A8 owners bought it after Oreo rolled out, 2-3 months later so not updating the phone to the newest version on android and making it a year's update before a worse phone should not be acceptable. And this may happen just because it was launched with a 1.5 year old os and had it for about 2 months. The Samsung update policy of 2 years is a lie for the A8 and a 2017 devices - it is more like only 1⅓ years of updates. Also there is nothing that the A6 2018 and all of the 2018 j series do better than the a8, despite all being sold at the same time and they will get android 10. Last year there was a similar petition for A 2017 devices to get pie, but Samsung didnt update them. Hopefully they do read this and learn that they won't make more sales of newer devices if they don't update older ones - it would just further damage their reputation. We must convince them to do this not just for the A8, but other devices like the S8 and note8 and for future updates as well. Android 10 will not roll out to Samsung devices for months, but if this is started now we can let them know early on so they have no excuses of not having enough time to make a new update, etc

VargiTom
First Poster
Options

@mberny88 wrote:

I bought my A8 in June 2018. I really want that samsung will update it to Android 10. This phone is perfect in terms of dimension and performances. I really don't know why Samsung have updated model like A7 (with the same processor) and A6 but A8 no. I really don't care about the policy, Samsung A8 MUST have Android 10.

If no, Samsung must give us a motivation for why they will not update it.

If you bought a perfect phone why do you need Android 10? And what do you expect after 2 years??

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

A6 gets it A8 doesn't both are 2 years old so your argument is invalid. Also it can be a perfect phone in that the person likes the hardware but now the lack of software updates makes it less likeable

0 Likes
Arman2505
Journeyman
Options

This is all the result of the lazines of samsung at 2017 December when they released this phone with not the latest Android 8 but last years A50 which was released in january was iwth latest 9 and this years a51 a71 a01  which where in December like A8 also got the latest 10 but at time of A8 they were to lazy to develop the new one for a device like this 

Sanderniko
First Poster
Options

I Agree that the Samsung A8 2018 needs to get the Android 10 upgrade. The whole policy of 2  upgrades should by at least 3.  The A8. 2018 is good phone. And I paid a resonable amount for it then.  The thing is that Samsung released this phone  with android 7. And 3 months later it got updated to 8.  While the S8 2018  already had the adroid 8 on it from the release.  I don't think this is a fair deal. 

Uzoma
Voyager
Options

I got one ui 2 exactly a month ago today on my A7 2018, I was considering getting A8 before, it's sad to see how A8 isn't getting it and it's highly unfair as the phone shipped with Android 7 but by the time most users got it after release, it was on android 8. Once again, A8 is 2018 and should be 2 years of updates.

LORD_KING
First Poster
Options

Merhaba Benim A8+ 2018 model telim var. Şayet bu Android 10 güncellemesi bize gelmezse ve A6 ve A7 ye giderse bu saatten sonra yılların bir samsung kullanıcısı olarak belirteyim ki samsung benim için bitecektir. 

0 Likes
Matvey24
Apprentice
Options

Many people thinks, that A8 and A8+ should have Android 10 One UI 2.0!!!!! 

jephri
Student
Options
we get only one major update (oreo 8 to pie 9). the other was brought whereas the phone was lauched by samsung
Uzoma
Voyager
Options

No, it's actually 2 major updates. The A8 launched on android 7 then was quickly updated to 8 and then afterwards it got android 9

So it was from 7 to 8 to 9

I wonder why samsung didn't launch it with android 8 as it was available.