Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A8 2018 MUST Get Android 10 - Petition

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 02:23 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Samsung's update policy, which means every phone gets 2 major updates MUST change. The Galaxy A8 2018 launched in January 2018 with nougat, before the s9 and Oreo while the j7 duo launched 2 months later with Oreo . This means the j7 duo, sold at exactly the same time as the A8, probably for half the price, will get android 10 while the A8 will not. Also, most A8 owners bought it after Oreo rolled out, 2-3 months later so not updating the phone to the newest version on android and making it a year's update before a worse phone should not be acceptable. And this may happen just because it was launched with a 1.5 year old os and had it for about 2 months. The Samsung update policy of 2 years is a lie for the A8 and a 2017 devices - it is more like only 1⅓ years of updates. Also there is nothing that the A6 2018 and all of the 2018 j series do better than the a8, despite all being sold at the same time and they will get android 10. Last year there was a similar petition for A 2017 devices to get pie, but Samsung didnt update them. Hopefully they do read this and learn that they won't make more sales of newer devices if they don't update older ones - it would just further damage their reputation. We must convince them to do this not just for the A8, but other devices like the S8 and note8 and for future updates as well. Android 10 will not roll out to Samsung devices for months, but if this is started now we can let them know early on so they have no excuses of not having enough time to make a new update, etc

206 REPLIES 206
AchtUhr
Apprentice
Options
The update to Android 10 would allow the rSAP protocol of this phone to work!
(Samsung brand dual SIM cards will not work without this update)
I bought the A8 only because it was described compatible rSAP with the multimedia system of my Wolkswagen :(

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/S10-rSAP/td-p/941674

Partse
First Poster
Options

Maybe my (and my family) next phones are not Samsung phones anymore (maybe Oneplus). Samsung forgot samsung A8 2018 users totally. 499 euros A8 didn't even get ar emoji and now it don't get android 10. We have use Samsung phones maybe 20 years (I have buy phones to my wife, two doughters, my parents and wifes parents - many many many Samsung phones, maybe not anymore). Sorry Samsung (I understand better if Samsung forget cheapest model updates but A8 wasn't cheap).

KlemenC
Pioneer
Options

Agreed! Last time i bought a high-mid range phone with a 1,5 years of major updates. If Samsung will continue this update policy they will go down. Their prices are high enough to provide better service for customers in my opininon.

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

I completely agree! Why should we accept this kind of updates? Although the new A series devices will get a 'proper' 2 years of updates ( as they released with Android 10), this is still pretty poor imo. OnePlus for example gives 3 years, same with google. And on top of that samsung midrange phones still have no OIS on the camera, no longer have water resistance, no longer have good build quality and cost the same as other rivals which are arguably better. the oneplus Z is rumoured to cost £400, £20 less than the A71 while having OIS on the cam, a 90hz screen, a year more updates, still clean software (I personally still prefer one ui though), a faster 7nm vs 8nm processor with 5g while having better build quality, dual speakers and some basic form of water resistance. Apart from the software (and maybe the brand name) I can't really see samsung succeding in the midrange market for much longer.

HyperMerc
Journeyman
Options
Exactly!! It’s time to move away from Samsung. They’re hopelessly running in mad race of dazzling hardwares offered by budget companies.. They’ve lost their focus. Our entire family is switching to iPhone now. Atleast their updates are regular.
Titidelacroix
Explorer
Options

Bought in Jannuary 2018 500€, my a8

Still stay a good smartphone but it

Only have 2 years for android update !

"Programmed obsolescence" we said in France

Probably First and last Samsung  😥

AleexAndrew
Hotshot
Options

I have an A8 too and i'm pretty mad about this situation about the Android 10. This phone is definetly more capable than that A10 and im sure i'll run smoothly this version. If Samsung doesn't do the update now, i'll switch to iPhone.

Zsolt355
Student
Options

Pls Update

0 Likes
Zsolt355
Student
Options

That's very bad

0 Likes
mberny88
First Poster
Options

I bought my A8 in June 2018. I really want that samsung will update it to Android 10. This phone is perfect in terms of dimension and performances. I really don't know why Samsung have updated model like A7 (with the same processor) and A6 but A8 no. I really don't care about the policy, Samsung A8 MUST have Android 10.

If no, Samsung must give us a motivation for why they will not update it.

0 Likes