Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A8 2018 MUST Get Android 10 - Petition

(Topic created on: 14-04-2020 06:25 AM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Samsung's update policy, which means every phone gets 2 major updates MUST change. The Galaxy A8 2018 launched in January 2018 with nougat, before the s9 and Oreo while the j7 duo launched 2 months later with Oreo . This means the j7 duo, sold at exactly the same time as the A8, probably for half the price, will get android 10 while the A8 will not. Also, most A8 owners bought it after Oreo rolled out, 2-3 months later so not updating the phone to the newest version on android and making it a year's update before a worse phone should not be acceptable. And this may happen just because it was launched with a 1.5 year old os and had it for about 2 months. The Samsung update policy of 2 years is a lie for the A8 and a 2017 devices - it is more like only 1⅓ years of updates. Also there is nothing that the A6 2018 and all of the 2018 j series do better than the a8, despite all being sold at the same time and they will get android 10. Last year there was a similar petition for A 2017 devices to get pie, but Samsung didnt update them. Hopefully they do read this and learn that they won't make more sales of newer devices if they don't update older ones - it would just further damage their reputation. We must convince them to do this not just for the A8, but other devices like the S8 and note8 and for future updates as well. Android 10 will not roll out to Samsung devices for months, but if this is started now we can let them know early on so they have no excuses of not having enough time to make a new update, etc

206 REPLIES 206
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Ok I know what you mean by knowing that A8 technically shouldn't get android 10, because it launched with 7 but what we are trying to say is that this is hurting Samsung and is not beneficial for anyone, even though it literally had 2 months on android 7 before it got 8 when everyone started buying it (overpriced at launch). We did analyse when buying and there isn't much of a problem with android 9, but missing out on Android 10 just because we wanted certain features isn't right

Ultrasprinters
Pioneer
Options

I know cause my friend haves A8 but what i dont know is this phone is not that fantastic against J8 that arrives it
.Type C without 25 watt Charging support is useless to you!

.Are you a man to wet your phone 30 mins 1.5m depth?

.Does it worth $ 700 on 64 GB
Thats a sample of Analyse, dont know why you stick on A8.

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Well J8 has micro usb with 5W so that's invalid and there was no Samsung phone not even flagship like s9 in 2018 that had 25w charging anyway. 15W is a massive improvement over 5w previously. Also, not everyone likes to waste money on a new phone just because the old doesn't get updates. Does the j8 have ip68? 1080p screen? Type C? Arm cortex a73 CPU cores? No- there is no question that the A8 is better even if it doesn't get android 10. Also $700 is completely fake. In 2018 it cost £250, the same price as the A6 and ip68 is useful if you live in a place with loads of rain; you know that your phone isn't going to break and it's an extra peace of mind 

Ultrasprinters
Pioneer
Options
All your says are advertised
Your saying you want to "hurt Samsung" but samsung already hurt your mind with Ads.

.Exynos 7885 have Cortex A73 but is useless its dual core and even Mali G71 is not what you think when its mp2
.5W Charging? My J6 have 10W charger so how J8 cannot? if you dint know you can search
Theres some micro usb chargers that supports 15W like A5 2016 charger (it have fast charge in according to its box)
.Its second time i say ip68 may destroy your phone if you put you phone in river
.Full HD in 5.6 inch is not too different with 720p after 76cm far from eyes but J8 6 inch display feels beter than 5.6 inch
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

How can you say that the a73 cores are useless when you have never used a phone with them? My friend has the A6 and it performs much worse than the A8 because it doesn't have these cores, even with the same 4gb ram. Also it has 7.5W charging not 5W, that's my mistake. Still slower than 15W. A5 2016 had 15W but J6, J8 and A6 does not.  I know you may not think it makes sense, but it's the truth. Why would I put my phone in a river- I don't waste money it's just for peace of mind but there are other reasons for A8 Vs j8 to get A8 as android 10 brings little new. Also 1080p looks much better than 720p. It makes a huge difference ; your j6 has 720p so what can you say? Even then, still proves A8 is better than j8 and if you are complaining about 5.6 inch screen Vs 6 inch, there was A8+. It shows how it can clearly run android 10 and you should stop trying to prove against it it's not going to benefit you. I own the phone how would what I say be advertising it ; it's the truth, I have used the device. Samsung's ads haven't told me that a 1080p display is better than 720p (even S4 from 2013 had 1080p btw) , my eyes have😂. Also I think there's a small misunderstanding. I know you can get micro usb 15W, but usb c 15w is still better as it's more universal and more widely used and durable. And the Mali g71 still performs much better than the a6's GPU, neither is good but what you are saying is not true at all.

dpts
Pioneer
Options

Ohhh that poor guy is tryin' to compare his j6 with a8 😂😂 and his only argument is android 10.. Heyy pal your phone will be far worse than a8 even if it gets android 12😂😂😂

Ultrasprinters
Pioneer
Options
I remember you in another account!
Stop using several accounts
so who is poor guy now?
0 Likes
Ultrasprinters
Pioneer
Options
Do you know? I mean you all
You know your phones and your selfs
And i feel youre wrong
0 Likes
dpts
Pioneer
Options

Mann.. you' re so annoying..I don't know your age or anything about you ( and I don't want to) but I wonder if you have any friends.🤔 If you do I really feel an instinctive compassion about them... Relax, don't try to heal the infiriority complexes you may have, by rudely objecting to everyone else. Cause at the end of the day you're the one with a j6 - with android 10 - but still a j6 😂

I'm just kidding, comparing phones like a little kid ,doesn't fit to my way of life that much.. Ι hope you agree with that point of view! Peace! 

Take care! 

0 Likes
VargiTom
First Poster
Options

@Gianfranco56 wrote:

Dear Sirs I bought an A8 2018 on February 2018 I mean recently. Now I learned that likely it doesn't will get Android 10. Honestly and frankly this is a shame. Dear Samsung at this point mah we saying that I purchased a *****? Surely in the future never and never I will buy any smartphone branded Samsung. I know you don't care? Surely in the world there will be a loss for you. I  / we hope you can re-considering this strange situation. Thanks

If A8 2018 had received it,  it would not have been faster either so I don't understand why you're annoyed. You bought a great phone with a stable OS.

0 Likes