Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A8 2018 MUST Get Android 10 - Petition

(Topic created on: 28-12-2019 01:22 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Samsung's update policy, which means every phone gets 2 major updates MUST change. The Galaxy A8 2018 launched in January 2018 with nougat, before the s9 and Oreo while the j7 duo launched 2 months later with Oreo . This means the j7 duo, sold at exactly the same time as the A8, probably for half the price, will get android 10 while the A8 will not. Also, most A8 owners bought it after Oreo rolled out, 2-3 months later so not updating the phone to the newest version on android and making it a year's update before a worse phone should not be acceptable. And this may happen just because it was launched with a 1.5 year old os and had it for about 2 months. The Samsung update policy of 2 years is a lie for the A8 and a 2017 devices - it is more like only 1⅓ years of updates. Also there is nothing that the A6 2018 and all of the 2018 j series do better than the a8, despite all being sold at the same time and they will get android 10. Last year there was a similar petition for A 2017 devices to get pie, but Samsung didnt update them. Hopefully they do read this and learn that they won't make more sales of newer devices if they don't update older ones - it would just further damage their reputation. We must convince them to do this not just for the A8, but other devices like the S8 and note8 and for future updates as well. Android 10 will not roll out to Samsung devices for months, but if this is started now we can let them know early on so they have no excuses of not having enough time to make a new update, etc

206 REPLIES 206
gadris1978
Journeyman
Options
It's not about the money, I paid the price that Samsung asked. I don't know how we build any longevity or reality into a market with such short-term thinking, no matter which market. Samsung is moving in the wrong direction on sustainable product design. So yes, maybe I was wrong buying the A8 (and trust me, I checked if the Android will be updated to Android 8), the next time I 'll pay more if necessary but I'll buy a phone designed to last more than 1.5-2years. I got 9 smartphones in the last 6 years, is way too much, I need to stop this.
iGrasmat
First Poster
Options
Agreed! The Galaxy A8 should get the Android 10 update!
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@gadris1978 wrote:
the next time I 'll pay more if necessary but I'll buy a phone designed to last more than 1.5-2years. I got 9 smartphones in the last 6 years, is way too much, I need to stop this.

Good idea, I'm with you there. I also would like to use my smartphones longer and would be willing to pay more. ( By the way, right now Samsung smartphone DO last longer than 1.5-2 years, my old S7 still gets quarterly security updates )

Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

I don't think we should pay any more to Samsung than we already do just to get a proper amount of updates. They have already developed it for A7 2018 which has the same CPU as the A8, and therefore can just be easily ported to this device. And if they want to charge money, they should just not update the j4+ and j6+ and avoid developing android 10 for those. I'd be surprised if those devices could even run Minecraft well with such an old low end snapdragon 425 which was optimised for android 5.1. They might as well not update those devices, prevent them from becoming even slower then they already are and update the A8 and S8 instead. Therefore, A8 and S8 owners would be happy and would buy another Samsung product, and j4+ and j6+ owners would not be sad that their phone is an unusuable mess on android 10 and would get another Samsung phone later. Therefore Samsung makes more profit if they don't charge to update phones - just don't update the ones with ancient processors. It's very simple samsung!

SLYCOOPER12347
First Poster
Options

Hi!!

I Use Galaxy A8+ (2018) 

And I Want To Know When We Get Android 10 Beta. Please Answer Me .

SamsSon
Apprentice
Options

Which is more profitable? satisfied customers buy a Samsung every 3 years, or dissatisfied customers buy just once.  This is the first Samsung I've bought.  My Asus (lost) was at least as good - better camera.  I needed to replace my lost phone pronto and they didn't have any similar Asus phones in stock so I bought Samsung.

Why was a January 2018 phone issued with an August 2016 operating system, when a new operating system had been publicly released August 2017?  We paid for 2 major updates.  We only got 1.  The world got Oreo August 2017,  long before our phone, so that can't count.   We got Pie.  Now where's our 2nd update?

Even if we ignore the above issue, the 2-upgrade policy can't be profitable for Samsung.  Some consumers will be satisfied-enough to buy another Samsung, but many/most will be disappointed/angry.  Our phones could last at least 3 or 4 years, but Samsung pushes us to ditch perfectly good phones after less than 2 years.

Samsung, we have loved you.  Don't turn us against you.

The Facts:

--- Android 7 (Nougat) was released to the public in August 2016.   

--- Android 8 (Oreo) was first released as a developer preview in March 2017 and released to the public on August 21, 2017. 

--- The Samsung A8 was announced in December 2017 but issued in January 2018.

@AntS , @M_PL , @Qwerty7 , @gadris1978 

gadris1978
Journeyman
Options
I am 100% with you
dibalicul
Student
Options

A8 is a great phone and I literally want android 10 on it. I don't want to change my phone instead of a new one, because I am happy with this one. So I want android 10 on it.👍

Mohammad556655
Apprentice
Options

You know this is our mistake that we are always buying a samsung smartphone .

I searched and figured out that chinese smartphone like oneplus and xiaomi (not huawei) gives 3 years of os update and 5 years ui update on its flagships .

I WONT BUY SAMSUNG ANYMORE .

THIS COMPANY DOES NOT RESPECT ITS OWN CONSUMERS.

That is my message "do not buy samsung any more"

Vipulsharma100
First Poster
Options

Agreed