Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A8 (2018) and A8 + (2018) Android 10 Update

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 05:47 PM)
Mendes
Student
Options

Just a suggestion, since the Galaxy A8 (2018) and A8 + (2018) were launched in the same year and month ( 2018/02) of the Galaxy S9 series, the A8 (2018) series should also receive the same Android 10 update of the S9.

Since the phone possess the hardware to run Android 10, I don't understand why it hasn't happened yet...

I hope Samsung sees this because there are a lot of people with this device and it still works perfectly.

5 REPLIES 5
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

It won't get it because Samsung is annoying (no actually it launched with android 7 so they say it's already got 2 updates) look at my post from a few months ago regarding this

Mendes
Student
Options

In fact they say that, but what they don't tell is why the phone was launch with Android 7.1.1 instead of Android 8 since this version of Android was already available since 21/08/2017. The Galaxy S9 which was launch in the same month, just a few days later, came with Android 8.

If Samsung wants to captivate people to buy they products, they should think seriously about this because, not everyone have the money or need to buy an 1000 €/ £ / $ smartphone, for example this upper-midrange phone has an excellent quality and performance, just missing the last gen hardware and premium material of his time, left for the S9. And doing this to an upper-midrange phone is just proving the point that the only people that matter to them are the Flagship buyers. 

Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah that's why I won't get another midrange Samsung, instead something like a pixel 4a or OnePlus Nord who actually give 3 updates and care about these devices. Also they slowed down the a8 really bad with pie it's literally slower than my old nexus 5 on a custom 8.1 ron

haresh_manjani
Apprentice
Options

True . A8+  device and it still works perfectly.

Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
about that, ik this was 8 motnhs ago but Samsung announced 3 years of updates to certain A series models a couple months ago. The OnePlus phones get garbage updates now, so tbf I wouldn't reccomend the Nord and hence I am using a a51 5g now lol
0 Likes