Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A72 Bluetooth Earphone Issues Following UI 4 Update

(Topic created on: 26-01-2022 03:08 PM)
CarlBagshaw79
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else having issues with Bluetooth following update to UI 4?

All other devices work apart from Bluetooth audio. Cant get my BE Sport 4 or the wife's BE Sport 3 to work. They connect to the phone but I cant play audio through them what so ever. 

Both work fine on my old A70 and the wife's S21 that hasn't been updated.

24 REPLIES 24
Marius1893
First Poster
Options

I experience the same issues as you all describe. When i connect my samsung galaxy a72 to one of my mobile bluetooth speakers (teufel rockster go or creative soundblaster roar) the connection can be established but i can not play any audio on them. Also tried clearing bluetooth cache, resetting my network settings and app preferences an so on without any positiv outcome. 

0 Likes
kemal0796
Student
Options

One thing I have realized is I can connect to and play audio through a JBL Tune205. It is a newer model and probably has a recent bluetooth protocol. So the problem might be related to the type of bluetooth that the different dvices have.

And also looks like I cannot connect my Xiaomi scale to my phone anymore. Samsung really screwed it up with this update. Hope they realize their mistake soon.

0 Likes
CarlBagshaw79
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know if re-installing the previous version of OS from before the updates will invalidate the warranty?

I am seriously considering backing up the phone and re-installing the previous OS.

0 Likes
kemal0796
Student
Options

Today I've received a new update, but it didn't solve the issue. This is really annoying.

0 Likes
Shuro
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Members_YiEOoYp
Apprentice
Options

I had a similar problem and found the solution that worked for me somewhere on the internet: 

"Had Bluetooth Audio issues after One UI 4.0 update but only with certain headphones.

To fix it, activate developer options (if you don't know how: Google it)

Connect your headphones and head into developer options. Then change the value at Bluetooth Audio: Codec from AptX to SBC.

That worked for me, no issues anymore."

anga1980
Student
Options

Whilst this worked, the "SBC" setting does not stick.
On next disconnect and reconnect of the bluetooth earbud, the value defaults to AptX. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

0 Likes
anga1980
Student
Options

THIS IS THE SOLUTION FOR ME THAT WORKED :  Enable Developer Settings, then enable "Turn Off A2DP hardware offload". 

Come on Samsung....get it right! 

0 Likes
CarlBagshaw79
Journeyman
Options

Good skills peeps.

Changed from aptX to SBC or AAC and ot now works. But as mentioned above, every time I disconnect and reconnect my earphones I defaults back to aptX....

Not the end of the World I guess.. 

0 Likes
CarlBagshaw79
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20220207-215156_Bluetooth Scanner.jpg

 so I found using this Bluetooth scanner I've had installed for ages, once the earphones are paired, you can use this to force which code the earphones use. 

Forced to SBC, turned earphones off, restarted phone etc and they still.connect using SBC coded.

At last... 

Thanks for the help all 

0 Likes