Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A71 yellow spot right side of screen

(Topic created on: 04-08-2020 12:01 AM)
SnkB
Apprentice
Options

Hello
Yesterday I received my Galaxy A71 but I noticed a defect that I cannot identify if it is hardware or software.
When the brightness is between 10 ~ 20%, any gray image or even the dark mode of Whatsapp, some yellow spots appear on the right side of the screen and on the bottom.
This behavior only occurs at low brightness. Above 25%, none of this happens.
I plan on sending my device for exchange, since I am still within the 7 days of exchange with the store.
Has anyone ever experienced this?

Example: photo_2020-04-16_11-10-52.jpgphoto_2020-04-16_11-10-54.jpgWhatsApp Image 2020-04-16 at 11.43.20.jpeg

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman
Options

This defect is affecting ALL units of the Galaxy A71 and S10 Lite. No exception. Probably due to the super amoled plus display. My A71 is from a recent batch of 05/2020, and it came with the defect. All new A71 also have the same defect. Some users of the S20 with dynamic amoled also have a similar defect, but the discoloration is green. The feedback is that even after updating the S20 to fix this problem, the problem continues. In some cases the problem has been minimized, but it still exists. This is a hardware defect! No software updates can fix it. There is also another problem with the A71. When you slide dark images (mostly black) with low brightness, a bluish drag follows the image. Samsung is trying to HIDE the problem, as few customers notice the defect and request a warranty. And if everyone becomes aware of the problem, and requests a change of screen or device, the damage to Samsung would be astronomical. Except that everyone who has their unit replaced, or the screen replaced, receives the new device with the same defect. And Samsung continues to manufacture new units with the same defect. It's impressive! And Samsung's attendants for a change, also always appear totally uninformed and unprepared. Before purchasing, I asked technical support if this defect widely reported by users of the A71 was a problem that affected all units, or were isolated cases. The attendant did not answer my question, and just said that I shouldn't worry, and I could buy peacefully because, if the device had such a defect, Samsung would do the repair. Now I ask: Who buys a cell phone thinking about repair? But OK. I really wanted this phone and decided to take a chance. As soon as I received it, I took the test and found the defect. The best way to test is to put a dark gray image on full screen, reduce the brightness to 5% or 10%, and go to a dark room for easy visibility. I contacted and requested the warranty. I said in the email that I wanted to replace the device with a new one without this defect. And the answer I got is that Samsung only does the repair, and does not change the device. And the exchange is the store's responsibility. Then I ask: What is the point of exchanging with the store, if so many users are reporting that they have already exchanged the device for a new one, and it also had the same defect? I also saw some gringos complaining that their units had been replaced or the screen replaced, and he returned with the same defect. I don't want to send my brand new device in for repair. A device that undergoes maintenance is hardly ever assembled with the same care as a new device. Sometimes they are scratched, or badly glued. They come back with several other problems. Samsung needs to speak up! And offer a valid solution! Update does not solve, as it is an engineering defect of the screen! They are trying to hide the vices of these devices in order not to assume the responsibility and the costs of repairs. Apart from the irresponsibility of continuing to produce and sell these damaged devices!

A71.jpg

RahulIndia
First Poster
Options

Now thats a well said comment brother...  This grey uniformity even occured in my device. Its a hardware issue generally speaking of which samsung did provide replacement unit in Philippines with proof which you can show to service center by typing this name in youtube "BobGianShow". This guy literally got the replacement unit and people in Philippines also get the 730g processor there... The blue drag which you spoke of is also a bummer. If Samsung tries to fool me out here in India by not giving replacements im going to move against this in Social media, searching A71 in youtube and commenting this issue in every videos, marketing sites etc... with my 10 different gmail accounts... They can give replacement for others but not for us and even if they give, they give us the one with defective display again... but someone do have good displays...right? Are we Suckers? Really annoyed while using it at night...Anyway im gonna update this issue in samsung support page... lets see what samsung has to say... i will update comments if i get a reply from them...

Zahi
Journeyman
Options

We need Samsung to reply,I feel I have a defective device that I'm trying to hide its defect

0 Likes
Journeyman
Options

I ordered the exchange with the store and guess what? In addition to the same defect on the screen, the new one has a serious battery drain problem, around 50% at night, in idle mode, with no use. I will try to return and get a refund. For those who want to check if your device has this defect, just put the gray image below in full screen. Go to a totally dark room, and decrease the brightness, until it is between 5% and 10%.

SPOT TEST.pnga71.jpg

SomeGuy12345
Student
Options

I just wanted to report the fact that even after the october update, the smearing problem hasn't been fixed. I talked to a Samsung center employee and he said that all the screens are the same and that replacing it won't fix it. Do I have to believe him?

Could the problem be due to the low ppi of the screen? My previous phone was a ln S5 neo which had 432ppi while the A71 has 393ppi

Are ALL the A71 affected by the smearing or just some units?

0 Likes