Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A71 or S10 lite?

(Topic created on: 17-06-2020 05:45 PM)
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

I've not managed to get my hands on the S10 lite yet, but it's almost identical to the A71 in terms of size, weight, battery and display. 

Is the S10 lite really worth an extra £160 for the Snapdragon 855? 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Ah ok, good enough reason in my book 🙂
I always disable fast charge to preserve the battery and protect it from accelerated aging , I'm not totally sure if fast charge is detrimental to battery life in the long term but it's what I've heard.

But yes if you've already got experience of S and A series Samsung then I'm sure you'll be fine.
I still think S10 lite might be just slightly more energy efficient and nippier, but not £100 plus worth.
The A71 I think as long as you accept it's not a flagship chip will be a good unit.

I get roughly 8 to 9 hours screen on time when using network data and 10 to 12 hours when using wifi mixed with some data usage
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
As soon as I disabled mobile services manager and upday app in the systems apps, my battery was more solid.
I was told mobile services manager isn't even needed , so that's why I disabled it
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Well, now I'd say S10 lite is totally worth it over a71. A71 is about 400 now compared to £480 for S10 lite, and for that extra £80 you get:

Much better processor (sd855 compared to 730), good for future proofing.

Same amount of updates but better ones (e.g.more features included like one UI 2.1; a71 won't get this)

8gb Vs 6gb ram

MUCH better camera; I can't stress how important OIS is on a phone camera. No matter what resolution it is, always look out for OIS otherwise photos in the dark will look bad and you will have to take a few photos to get a sharp picture. So much for that 'super sharp 64mp' on the a71.

There are also more minor upgrades such as a metal frame, thinner bezels (slightly but noticeable), a bit of water resistance as it has rubber water prevention things in the sim slots which isn't there on the a71. 

0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

I sent my S10 lite been after three weeks. The face unlock basically never works and the fingerprint only 4 times in 5. 

Simply not fit for purpose. 

0 Likes