Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A71 or S10 lite?

(Topic created on: 21-02-2020 11:16 PM)
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

I've not managed to get my hands on the S10 lite yet, but it's almost identical to the A71 in terms of size, weight, battery and display. 

Is the S10 lite really worth an extra £160 for the Snapdragon 855? 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Depends on your usage, are you wanting a camera with optical stabilisation?
S10 lite will or should have it
A71 doesn't

The snapdragon 855 is still a fine flagship chip and should cope with games more.
As well as multi tasking
0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options
I'm a very heavy user with a one plus 6T.

The battery life and screen are the most important, followed by speed and camera
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I'm not sure either Samsung will be any better than the oneplus 6t to be honest.
But battery life on the 855 should be slightly better than A71 in theory, as both are using Android 10, samsung one ui 2 with roughly the same battery I think.
The 855 is still a newer process than the A71 as in manufacturing process, so it should be slightly better on energy efficiency.
Plus the S10 lite although being a light version should see monthly security updates, where as the A71 will most likely every 3 months
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Checking on gsmarena it looks like the s10 lite will have HDR + screen as well
0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

I had Samsungs every year from the Galaxy S2 until the S6, but the battery was simply not fit for purpose so I got a One Plus 3. Since then I've had OP5, 6 and 6T, but didn't go for the 7 because the 'pro' had ridiculous glare on the curved screen and weighed a ton.

I know the OP8 is out in a couple of months, but it's likely to still have a curved edge (I watch a LOT of tv on my commute and there's a reason your telly isn't curved at the top and bottom).

I was really impressed by the display on the A71 side by side with my OP6 so am tempted to come back. At least if I buy from Samsung direct there's a no quibble 28 day return...

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Well I really like my A70 after getting rid of my s10e and pixel 3a, yes a weird move but I'm very happy with my choice.
As long as you make your own choice based on your requirements and experience I'm sure you'll be happy.

I've never had a oneplus but yes I've had every s series Samsung since s2 apart from s6 and s9, also had plenty of notes since note 2 apart from 4 and 7
0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

That's my nervousness. I'm used to really fast phones. The A71 was definitely slower than this one, but still seemed pretty nippy, so I'm struggling to justify the extra £160.

I did have an A5 for a short while, which was essentially the S7 with a slower chip and was a fine phone. 

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I prefer my A70 snapdragon to my S10e exynos version.
Only reason I got rid of my pixel 3a is because Android 10 ruined the navigation keys and gestures , along with ghost apps hanging in the task switcher.
But also the pixel was boring , it looked and felt boring and apart from the camera and updates isn't a patch on my A70, at least for my usage.
Emails, net, spreadsheets, text, snaps ,etc

What makes you want to change from the 6t ?
0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options
The battery doesn't last the day anymore
0 Likes