Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A71 Microphone and Headphone Jack Issue

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 08:01 PM)
StrikingPeace
Apprentice
Options

Guys im really frustrated with whats happening with my Galaxy A71 phone..anybody out there facing the same problem or know what i can do, please help

My Galaxy A71 is less than 14 days old and its the second one within that those 14 days having the same issue,

The microphone will randomly stop working out of nowhere. I wont be able to hold phone calls, record voice, record videos with sound or anything that needs sound input. When this happens the headphone jack will also stop working. Any playing sound will come through the loud speaker not any connected earphones. I thought it was the earphones so i put them on other devices and they work and these are original 3.5mm Samsung earphones that came in the box with the phone. I plugged in 3 other earphones that work and still no sound came to these earphones.

At this point the only way to temporarily fix the problem is to restart the phone. After restarting the phone the device will work normally for not more than 1 hour then the problem starts again.

There is no dirt in the headphone jack or microphone hole. No water or dust has entered neither has the phone fallen down.

I returned the phone to the supplier as it was still under warranty and got a new one, the new one worked normally for 2 or 3 days and the problem started again.

I have reported the problem to samsung via the members app 4 times and all they give me are the same troubleshooting steps that solve nothing. I have factory reset the phone 2 times it will work for a few hours then start again.

This is clearly a software problem because it goes away after a restart and i have realized there are other Galaxy A71 users in other communities globally facing the same issues

Screenshot_20201221-182050_Samsung Members.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fact is @StrikingPeace you shouldn't have to be troubleshooting so soon into owning a new phone.

I know this is your 2nd phone and you've been very unlucky to be faced with the same issue but if this was my situation I'd have it swapped out ASAP and or choose a different model. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
J4mesRx8
Apprentice
Options
Hello, Hope you are well. I also posted about this same issue earlier. I bought my A71 last week and over the past 3 days I have faced the same issue. Admittedly I've not tried the earphones when the issue occurs. But yes, same as you the only way that seems to fix it is if I turn the phone off and back on again, so agreed, it's definitely software related. Hopefully we receive a patch soon as it's quite annoying as the phone itself is great.
DimcePilot
Student
Options

Hello friend, I started havig the same problem on my A71 about two months ago, in April 2021, after some software update came out. I have the phone for  First like you said my microphone stopped working from time to and i couldn't take calls, noether the other line heared me, nor did i hear them. Since my bluetooth earbud broke i started using Samsung earphones and noticed this issue. Didn't know it was related until i read this and restarted my phone. So it is definetly a software problem. Maybe another update will fix this.

0 Likes
bernardtime
Apprentice
Options
Had my phone over a year, I had Samsung phone fixer company come round my house in a van during the first lockdown, after having struggled for 6 months with no sound on calls after a software update ruined my phones sound. They said they'd replaced the motherboard, this wiped my phone clean. Annoying! I lost all my u backed up pictures of new baby daughter!
2 week later it started again. So clearly they'd just wiped my phone and not repaired it. I just couldn't be bothered trying to contact three again and get samsung to basically wipe my phone once again. It's been a year now and I can't call anybody or record videos with sound, unless I restart, and that doesn't always work. I'm now sat here trying to ring my doctors as my baby is really poorly, but due to no sound, I can't ring them. Frustrating! I'm actually tired of samsung now. Every phone a software update ruins my perfectly working phone.
waffenjohn
Journeyman
Options
Hi I have had lots of samsung phones but the a71 is the worst phone Ive ever had,its just a cheap badly put together phone that seems to have a lot of problems world wide. Mine has charging problems and crackles and stutters when playing music no matter if its earphones or its own speaker.
bernardtime
Apprentice
Options
I cant record sound now either. Spotify crackles or just stops playing music, even though the song is still playing in the Spotify app. I've been very loyal to Samsung since their starting days. With this model being so badly made, having so many faults, you'd think samsung would do a recall and replace every A71 model they've sold with a similar spec device. Obviously a phone with none of the faults though on the A71. Think I'm going to try an iPhone as Samsung have reached below standard on my last 3 phones.
I had a waterproof phone which got water damaged and they didn't want to know then either.
My last one had a system update that made the camera bad and the battery die within hours of charging it. They smdidnt want to know.
Now this bag of 💩 phone.
Never had these problems when phones were wired to a house 😂
waffenjohn
Journeyman
Options
I agree with you totally ,Ive got to wait nearly a year until my contract is due to update and Im putting my sim into my old galaxy 9 that was much better. My next phone will not be a samsung.
DimcePilot
Student
Options

NEWS UPDATE:

After the latest software update i did a few days ago, when the bug occurs now my media speaker won't work, alongside the mic and the earpeace speaker. Good job Samsung.. oh and the bugs are more frequent now 😂

0 Likes
vineetks
First Poster
Options

I just started having this problem in July 2022. At this moment my microphone, earphone, and vibration is not working. I can't believe this problem exists since 2020. It is a software issue and I think this has been purposely put by Samsung to force people to buy new device. A while back charging stopped working and I thought it was a cable issue because some other cable combination worked at a particular angle. This happened frequently, stopped working and just when I think to go to store it starts working. Then I accidentally found out that once the battery was completely drained(not restarted) charging started working again. I was exited to in Samsung ecosystem and I thought this would be my last brand of phone. ***** Samsung ecosystem.

0 Likes