Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A71 Charging Problem

(Topic created on: 20-06-2021 10:36 AM)
Notabot_01
First Poster
Options

I dropped my phone last night and heard a crack. I checked if there was anything wrong but the phone was just fine. I was able to watch videos and play games with no issues at all. It was only when I plugged my charger in that I noticed it no longer charges. I checked using 4 other type C chargers (3 original and 1 3rd party since I needed a USB type C cord to use my power bank) none of them charged. I double-checked if it was the problem with the cord but my parent's phone was able to charge. 

I would like to ask is there anything I can do before having to send it to Samsung repair services
And if I have to resort to the repair service, is it possible I can have a best and worst case scenario of the issue and a price range of the repair.

Thank you

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
If won't charge after trying other chargers sounds like something may have come loose or broken connector
Best to take it in for repair

When on the samsung members page

Click on the get help button
At the bottom of the page
And click on interactive
Then usb charging
And run a test
That may help too
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
It might be worth checking to see if a foreign object, such as a very small stone, has got in the charging port. Preventing you from fully pushing in the charging plug. It's just a thought but it has happened to me once.
0 Likes
Notabot_01
First Poster
Options

If something did come loose or the capacitor needs to be replaced, will it by any chance affect the motherboard?

The last issue I had with my phone was a boot loop and the services enter said I will lose all my data on the phone since they will replace the motherboard.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
It's possible that the charging port came loose or broken and may just need soldering
If take it in for repair
Ask check won't
Loose any data
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Notabot_01: If the issue has persisted with multiple chargers then it does sound like there may be an issue with your USB port. If you head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and follow the on screen instructions, does this return any errors? If so, please reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, or via Facebook or Twitter, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further, and arrange any necessary repairs. 

0 Likes
Nefru
Apprentice
Options

Try to charge it with pc usb, my A51 stoped charging from any other sources other than ps usb for some unknown reason, i used multiple bricks and variety of cables, but it just wont charge unles it is connected to my PC... 😕

0 Likes
Ind ways
First Poster
Options

Is it true ir false?

Charging samsung mobile with low watt & low amp than what its supposed to be, increases battery health so increases talk time / SOT, standby time because of slow charging.

0 Likes
Boompatrol
First Poster
Options
Can someone help.

My wife's Samsung galaxy A71 suddenly won't charge. Took it to Tesco's mobile shop where it suddenly charged, so brought it home and now won't charge. This confuses me. Her charger charges my phone but not hers. Any thoughts please.
0 Likes
Vedat Shehu
Student
Options

I have a Galaxy A71 for a year now, very satisfied however last week out of nowhere I started  having issues with charging. It won't charge with the original charger (Samsung USB-C fast charger) that came with the phone, and it won't charge with 3 other original chargers (Xiaomi and 2 other Samsung chargers). I am only able to charge it with a MacBook USB-C charger. Anyone here with the same issue or any idea if this is a hardware or software problem. The phone has been factory reset, the charging port has been cleaned properly and very carefully, yet the issue keeps persisting? Thanks in advance for any responses. Cheers.

0 Likes