Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A71 4G Android 12 in Ghana

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 04:47 AM)
Ohenebadotcom
First Poster
Options

After waiting patiently for Android 12 on my Galaxy A71 4G in Ghana, instead I just got Android 11 major upgrade with April Security Patch - 2192.09 MB. My Model is SM-A715F/DS. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Updates are sent out in connection to region, phone model, build and serial number and some networks ask Samsung to hold off sending out updates to their branded phone's i.e phone's supplied by them while they test out the update.

Sammobile.com has some information on the update for that phone model > https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-a71-android-12-update-released. 

You could check using Samsung Smartswitch or you could look at manually updating the software yourself by looking at the options on the xdadevelopers website.

Disclaimer  > 

If a person manually updates their phone's software and it goes wrong causing potentially stability issues and functions and features not working then Samsung may then charge a fee to put this right.

It's essential that a person learns on how to do this type of update properly and uses the correct software for their phone and region.

My advice is to wait for the official update via Samsung Smartswitch or via the phone's software update section.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "