Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy a70 fingerprint sensor not registering fingerprint

(Topic created on: 06-09-2020 10:13 PM)
dgrundy
Journeyman
Options
Decided to upgrade my phone, factory reset my a70 and the sensor stopped working. It would get to 18% and then a notice would state unable to register. After trying everything Samsung suggested, and online. I reinstalled android 9 firmware and lo and behold the scanner works perfectly. All tests came back that it's working perfectly as well. So Samsung either a patch needs releasing for a71 or compensation for users . I now have an a71 and the fingerprint sensor is fine on that running Android 10
10 REPLIES 10
vinny24
Apprentice
Options
hi. i have the same probleme with my fingerprint sensor on my samsung Galaxy A70 .. how to reinstalle android 9 ?
0 Likes
dgrundy
Journeyman
Options
download Odin flashtool and a version of Android 9 firmware and it's pretty simple to do , there are lots of instructions on Google to do this, I have fixed mine on Android 10 however I had to send it back to Samsung service centre
0 Likes
vinny24
Apprentice
Options
okey i downloaded odin. but how to download android 9 firmware or show less how to contact customer service to return android 9 .thanks a lot
0 Likes
dgrundy
Journeyman
Options
customer service u can contact from this app, if it's still in warranty they should fix it maybe? sammobile.com is where I got android 9 from. to be honest I changed the screen myself messed up the battery slightly and sent it off because it was still under warranty, not expecting it to be fixed. got it back last week fixed and with a new battery.. no cost,
0 Likes
vinny24
Apprentice
Options
okey ok thanks. but when I want to download the firmware which weighs 4giga it takes a lot of time yet I have a high speed connection.
me it is just after my update to android 10 that my fingerprint did not work anymore
0 Likes
dgrundy
Journeyman
Options
it took me an hour to download I think , if it's just after update and your in warranty then send it back, if not maybe the next security patch will fix it
0 Likes
vinny24
Apprentice
Options

Oh ok. When do you think the next security patch will be released? so I will be patient for now. Is Samsung not aware that the android 10 update does not work well on our galaxy A70 and 71? until then it is still the same, however we continue to receive updates
0 Likes
dgrundy
Journeyman
Options
I have no idea is strange it works on some but not others, I have an A71 and it worked perfectly after update but the A70 just wasn't having it. Do you get the sensor calibration needed pop-up or does it just get to a certain percentage and then will not register ?
0 Likes
vinny24
Apprentice
Options

ah okey .. no i get a notification of required fingerprint calibration
0 Likes