Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 09:56 AM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
crackmixer
First Poster
Options

Hello

I have been experiencing an issues with my fingerprint setup after upgrading my Samsung a70 to Android 10 this morning.

The issue is attached in the screenshot.

I think it has something to do with the upgrade, please fix it.

ThanksScreenshot_20200406-201435_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
crackmixer
First Poster
Options

Hello

I have been experiencing an issues with my fingerprint setup after upgrading my Samsung a70 to Android 10 this morning.

The issue is attached in the screenshot.

I think it has something to do with the upgrade, please fix it.

Thanks

0 Likes
jitu14986
First Poster
Options

Did you find any solutions to reregister your fingerprint after andriod 10 update. I am asking because I am facing same issue. I am not able to reregidter my fingerprint after android 10 update.

0 Likes
Larco
First Poster
Options

The fingerprint on the A70 is a joke. I had an Huawei phone which was a few years old and never had the issue. It's like Samsung just threw in the feature to tick a box and not bother testing the feature. Seriously consider changing back again.

0 Likes
crackmixer
First Poster
Options

I have actually fixed my fingerprint issue by downgrading to Android 9.0.

I previously downloaded a wrong Firmware. When I downloaded the right, it successfully downgraded. 

I used Odin 13 for android 9.0

Link to Firmware below.

A705FNXXU5ASL4.

0 Likes
amitkankani
Student
Options

I also have finger print issues while login.

It works fine for authentication for apps, only while login I face this problem

While it was worse before update, Feb/March 2020 update has made it slightly better, but the problem still surfaces once in a while. Happens several times a day...

This is like basic hygiene, how can you miss this important issue..

Hope you fix it soon..

0 Likes
sinamcr7
First Poster
Options

Hi to all

the fingerprint issue of galaxy a70 was fixed after the latest update it works well and just in some few times it doesn't detect correctly

0 Likes
Steve_J
Apprentice
Options

The fingerprint scanner issue may well have been fixed for some with the Android 10 update, but it broke it completely for others, including myself. It would be nice if Samsung would publicly acknowledge the problem and fix it - certainly a lot of disgruntled A70 users out there.

0 Likes
ThatGuy
First Poster
Options

Hey, My GF bought me an A70. It is a nice upgrade from my S5. I also had problems with the fingerprint scanner, but I figured out something that makes it work really well. Pick one finger or thumb that you want to use to unlock your phone, add it to the biometric settings. After adding it go back into the biometric settings and select add fingerprint. Make a new fingerprint profile for the same finger then repeat this process 1 more time. This way you will have 3 fingerprint profiles added for the same finger and your phone will recognize it much easier.. you're welcome.

0 Likes
amitkankani
Student
Options

THanks, will try, but I actually felt 3 fingers itself to be low, should atleast be 5 !

But something working with less fingers is better than not working properly at all !

0 Likes