Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 26-07-2019 10:42 AM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
The_Professor
Student
Options

Have found the same thing ... if hands are slightly dirty or wet no chance. Had a decent glass screen protector installed and factory one removed and no change. Unfortunately can't use Smart Lock due to device administrators setting with company email (Not permitted). Found the best solution is to use facial recognition to unlock. Samsung need to step up and fix this problem .... suspect it is a hardware issue so an expensive fix for them. Samsung remember your responsibility under consumer law.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees.

#SamsungA70Faults

0 Likes
keithcolin86
First Poster
Options

same here. it is unresponsive. what i did is I enroll same finger in 3 options. it improved a little bit only. hope it could be fix soon.

0 Likes
DrBristow
Apprentice
Options

The infuriating thing is that when the A70 fingerprint scanner fails to recognise my finger to the point i have to enter my password, i then go into the biometrics setting and check my fingerprints and they are all recognised.

I just got locked out of trying my fingerprint for 30 seconds as it kept failing. I had to unlock my phone with smart lock by turning on my bluetooth headphones.

This fingerprint scanner is more of a novelty than an actual security device. Theres no point adding Google Pay to these phones. Imagine holding up the queue in the shop as you attempt to pay with your fingerprint.

strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

Hello!

There's a trick into this,

remove your fingerprint then re-add it.

while re-adding, tap the same face of finger 5-7 times (not moving), the rest you can now change the position of your finger.

Please give it a try.

Thanks ^_^ 

@DrBristow wrote:

The infuriating thing is that when the A70 fingerprint scanner fails to recognise my finger to the point i have to enter my password, i then go into the biometrics setting and check my fingerprints and they are all recognised.

I just got locked out of trying my fingerprint for 30 seconds as it kept failing. I had to unlock my phone with smart lock by turning on my bluetooth headphones.

This fingerprint scanner is more of a novelty than an actual security device. Theres no point adding Google Pay to these phones. Imagine holding up the queue in the shop as you attempt to pay with your fingerprint.

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for the idea, but this was raised previously. My phone software doesn't allow it. If you don't move your finger, an error message pops up and forces you to move to different parts of the finger. I guess yours doesn't do this?
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20190725-155800_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
The_Professor
Student
Options
Yes same with mine ... get the same message if you don't remove and replace your finger.
0 Likes
Mike451
Explorer
Options

Hi unfortunately, please can you read my blog about the fingerprint print scanner. Your phone has a thin screen protector installed by Samsung to protect your new device from scratches and dust. Go to your local phone shop and explain what I've said and you'll find out what I said is true statement for Fingerprint print scanner. 

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

I am going to check this out, but I am in the UK and a number of people have commented that they do not fit factory screen protectors for the UK market. Where are you based please?

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

I just checked directly with Samsung. They only fit factory screen protector to S10 in UK not to A70..

0 Likes