Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 01-07-2019 12:43 AM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Nitesh_Kumar
First Poster
Options

I have purchased galaxy A70 yesterday but found the issue from very first use.

0 Likes
Hassan_Manila
Apprentice
Options
Try updating the software remove all the fingerprints register new fingerprints do not press hard, gently press the screen while registering your fingertips. Under settings, display,, enhance the touchscreen. Restart.
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

I have 30th May update, but nothing for June available in my area yet, fingers crossed!

0 Likes
Khen
Journeyman
Options

I just updated mine with the latest update and the sensor seems to work fine now even if I just registered a finger print one time unlike before I used all three slots for just my right thumb. You'll know it if the effect when you press it is neon green. If this goes well, my only problem is the pocket issue. Big shout out to Samsung for doing something really good with the issue. Kudos!

0 Likes
Hassan_Manila
Apprentice
Options
Can you try, under settings, click, " acendentical touch protection" and make sure it is on. Let me know is it works.
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options
Yes, it's on, and doesn't help.
0 Likes
Jsant
Student
Options
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the link, was interesting, but this can't be done on the A70 (and mabye after the s/w update not on other A phones). If you attempt to keep your finger in the same palace repetedly, the phone shows an error and insists you move your finger (and will not continue to register the fingerprint unless you do so). So this is not a fix I am afriad.

0 Likes
Sam102
Apprentice
Options

Ειναι απιστευτο εχω το τηλεφωνω 2 μερες σχεδον και δυσκολευομαι πραγματικα να το ξεκλειδωσω με το δακτιλικο αποτυπομα δεν περιμενα απο την samsung κατι τετοιο ξεκλειδωνει οποτε αυτο θελει δεν ξερω τι να κανω ελπιζω να φτιαξει στο μελλον δεν μπορω να πιστεψω οτι η samsung θα το αφησει ετσι για το μεγεθος του ονοματος της

0 Likes
Bass11811
First Poster
Options

This video helped a lot. The issue become worse with protection glass. Deleted all fingerprints and did it like the video says. Its seams to be UI  issue, not as much a technical issue

0 Likes