Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A6+ isn't getting any system updates

(Topic created on: 04-10-2019 07:30 PM)
Martin_strnad
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I would just like to ask if anyone know or has somekind of an idea for why doesn't my Samsung Galaxy A6+ recieve any system updates? It's stuck on a July 2018 security patch and hasn't gotten any updates since it always says that my device is up to date.

In advance thankful for any replies

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

First try using the Samsung Smartswitch option to see if you can get updates that way. If your unfamiliar with Smartswitch then there are Samsung Tutorials and or YouTube videos online.

If your phone is still showing as up to date then a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store maybe able to help @Martin_strnad 

To add....

Who supplied the phone to you ?

i.e Samsung directly or a Mobile Phone Network.

Was the phone imported or originally released in another country and now being used in another country  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Martin_strnad
First Poster
Options

As a start thank you for the reply.

As i maybe forgot to mention that i already ttied the smartswitch option it also doesm't work it just says that the firmware is up to date as well.

Well i bought the phone in a local tech store 6 months ago. On the back of it it says the model numer: SM-S605FN/DS then afterwards Yateley, GU46 6GG UK which i assume it was imported from the UK but im not 100% sure. And od my warranty card it says that the distributer for the phone is Janus Trade. 

And thanks for mentioning the service center ill try asking them there if the could help finding the solution 

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Are you try with Samsung Programs if you have the same info for update?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome for my reply @Martin_strnad 

To me.this sounds like an imported phone.

If so your either reliant on the network it was on authorising Samsung to send out the update or the Samsung of the country of origin sending it out.

Sadly I have come across situations where a phone that has been imported get very slow or even no updates.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes