Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A53 - Bluetooth connection issues after Android 13 update

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 11:36 PM)
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options

Before the Android 13 update I had had no problems connecting my A53 to Bluetooth devices. However, ever since the update, connecting the phone to my car or to my Samsung ear buds has become very hit and miss. If it won't connect, I have to restart the phone.  I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I can find but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone else experienced this issues and does anyone have a solution?

76 REPLIES 76
Broote
Student
Options

I wish I didn't install this update. 😞  

Bluetooth headsets are all breaking up now when trying to listen to my audio books 

Ana36
First Poster
Options

Can you please tell me how to even find this option on the phone. This issue is driving me crazy and I want to try to clear my Bluetooth cache and data, but I can't even find the option on the phone. 

0 Likes
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options
You'll probably find that both options are greyed out as per my screenshot above. However, if you want to try, go to Settings, select Apps, make sure 'Show system apps' is toggled to the On position, select Bluetooth and then select Storage.
lothric
First Poster
Options

Same problem after Android 13 update, was fine before. my A33 5G is unable to detect ANY bluetooth devices or pair with my Ford Sync.

it's almost a month now and no fix!

PhilBoorman
First Poster
Options
Same problem here.
Returned phone under warranty, bought a replacement.
Same issue again with new phone.
0 Likes
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options
It may be pure coincidence but since installing the December security patch a couple of days ago, my phone has connected first time, every time, to my car, watch and ear buds. I'm hoping there was something in the patch that has fixed the issue.
0 Likes
Villovag
Student
Options

Bug just happened again for me, confirmed that enabling and disabling airplane mode temporarily fixed the issue. Didn't even have to re-pair anything so much faster than restarting or resetting.

Broote
Student
Options

There is no bluetooth app in my list.

Only way I can get bluetooth to work reliably is to turn off wifi.   Obviously not ideal, but there it is.  I am really at the mercy of Samsung fix/update.  And so far I'm not even sure they see it as an issue.

gerrydee
Apprentice
Options

before or after update to android 13?

0 Likes
gerrydee
Apprentice
Options

I purchased two A53 5G's  in early December and when I used Bluetooth I had no problems. Then I updated to Android 13 and it will no longer connect unless I reboot the phone. Never had any problems before with my LG G5.

Well I'm not going to be doing that any more, if it doesn't get addressed I will be returning both phones and get something else NOT Samsung.