Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A53 5g Notification Issues

(Topic created on: 20-03-2023 11:05 AM)
Pete a53
First Poster
Options

Just bought a galaxy a53 5g running UI5.1 and android 13. Cannot get notifications to work on most apps. I have been through all samsung recommendations to do with battery, power save, notification settings etc. My old a9 still gets the notofications fine, but this new a53 does not. I have seen similar older posts about this issue but no resolution.

I rely on notifications for banking, family issues etc and this is very disappointing and frtrating not to be working.

Please Samsung can you help?? I am at the stage of trying to return the phone, but the supplier says the phone cannot be returned due to no physcial fault.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I use the A53, make sure the keys apps have battery set to optimised or unrestricted and the apps have permissions for notifications. This is normally done per app in settings, apps and then the individual app. If you are still having issues you can reset all app preferences and try redoing the apps settings and notifications again.
KikiDt
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issues.

I don't get notifications anymore.

Only a few i still receive. But most of it i don't 

0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
If you don't get notifications for Instagram I had to edit every one I was following and turn notifications on for them all
0 Likes