Did you mean: 

Galaxy A515 wont charge, and now battery as gone flat

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 12:31 AM)
Bestcabby
Student
Options

Hi All

HELP!!!

I have a Galaxy A515 that wont charge, and now battery as gone flat.

I have tried the hard restart method, but no luck.

There is nothing on the screen at all, and i charged it overnight, tried different USB Leads, and different Samsung Chargers, but no good.

If nobody in the community knows the answer, i will have to take the back off (Which i dont want to do) and put a meter on, to see if i get power through the USB when plugged in charging

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Bestcabby 

I would advise not to remove the back of the phone as this will void any manufacturing warranty,  and you could cause further issues including dust getting into the unit.

Please do check the charging port by using a torch to see if there is a build up of debris / lint inside that could be hampering the connection between the cord and phone contacts.

If there isn't then let a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre take a look at your phone.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options

@Bestcabby: If you have tried multiple chargers, and the issue has persisted, then the issue may lie with the USB port itself. With this in mind, please head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Cable Charging, and follow the on screen prompts. If this flags any issues, then please contact our Help Desk via the link below, where an advisor will be able to assist you further and arrange any necessary repairs. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Bestcabby
Student
Options

Hi

I tested the charging border flex going up to top board, with multi meter, and there was power.

So cleaned contact on flex and on the board, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your reply and info

Ant