Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A51 touch screen problem

(Topic created on: 21-05-2020 09:13 PM)
Dora4
Student
Options

I've had my A51 for less than 48 hours and I've already started to notice that occasionally the touch screen will be very spontaneously unresponsive. The fingerprint and keypad will be laggy or just not react to my fingerprint at all, and the whole screen will act as if I haven't touched it for seemingly no reason. Do I have a faulty phone or is this a common sensitivity issue with the A51? Can I fix it with a screen protector or will this just make it worse?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarlH
Options

Hi, @Dora4. Do you have a case or a cover on your phone? Are you able to attach a video of the issue here?

Dora4
Student
Options

Hi,

I don't have a case or cover yet, but I was planning to get one soon. I don't know how to record it unfortunately, and it only happens a couple times a day, so it's hard to capture 😞

0 Likes
TheO2020
First Poster
Options

We have the same issue.  Just now trying to figure out what is wrong, but black screen or only a rim of 5 mm on the top edge showing a trace of the screen - can only get in by pressing the On button twice and open the camera, take a picture, delete the picture and then login. When I am in, the screen goes completely unresponsive sometimes. What is wrong? 

0 Likes
huskope
Student
Options

same with me, it goes unresponsive for 5mins long once a day and it keeps bothering me because it happens everyday, any clue?

0 Likes
Dora4
Student
Options

In the end, I just sent mine in to get fixed and it came back completely fine. It's annoying to have to be without it for a few days but at least it's free!

0 Likes
Sinister_J
First Poster
Options

I've noticed on several different makes of phones,some more affected than others, that having and using social media apps

( not a big fan of social media a main reason is this) tends to bog down the computers/phones OS response times/abilities. It acts similarly like not having used any regular maintenance apps which clear cash files, temp files ...helping speeding up your phoned reaction time and making a noticable difference there after. Do you have and/or run any or many of those type apps. ( (Instagram,*TikTok,

Likee,*Facebook,*Messenger,  etc? the ones with astrics I think are more troublesome).  Just something to start being aware of and take notice to. Pay attention before launching those type apps and how the phone is operating before launching/using them and then   after. Thats all I have for you thou being Im not an avid user of those type apps due mainly because of my suspicions they do cause a decrease in a phones fluidity. Good luck!

0 Likes