Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A51 no blue light filter on lock screen!

(Topic created on: 26-08-2020 04:07 AM)
Moh786
Apprentice
Options
Recently brought a Samsung Galaxy A51 for a family member, and upon setting the fingerprint and activating the blue light filter: I realised everytime I'm on the lock screen, there's no blue light filter! Upon unlocking, the filter is applied to the rest of the phone. I read on the Samsung forum when someone asked why, that it's like that due to the fingerprint. So why can't the rest of the screen, apart from the fingerprint area, have blue light filter?! Am I expected to burn my eyes whilst trying to look at the time in the middle of the night?! I'm sure with Amoled panels, that each pixel can be controlled, so why hasn't this been applied? Samsung needs to step up their software game as a simple error like this gives a terrible experience. Not the first time something like this occured on a Samsung device. 

PLEASE UPDATE THE SOFTWARE TO FIX IT! Also, please put effort in making the software good to use, as it gives a better experience. Thank you! 
5 REPLIES 5
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Hi, I don't have A51 but I tested it on my Note10+ and my friend's A71 which has the same fingerprint sensor as A51 and blue light filter was applied in both cases.

Please try rebooting into recovery and clear caches (not factory reset!), it may help.

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

Moh786
Apprentice
Options
Hi, thanks Libb: I will give a shot :). However I don't think the hardware sensor on the Note 10+ is the same as the A51. Not sure about the A71. I think it's more to do with the actual sensor used to why Samsung have done this.
0 Likes
Moh786
Apprentice
Options
I tried to wipe the cache but with no luck. Did your friend's Galaxy A71 have the fingerprint active? As I turned it off and it was working. Also I tried a third party blue light filter - Twilight, and it was working fine with the fingerprint. I'm sure Samsung could do some kind of work around.
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
Yeah, hate it
0 Likes
yfsu
First Poster
Options

Same as A54. 

Samsung is getting complacent, most likely it is going downhill joining the fate of Motorola and Ericsson. 

0 Likes