Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A50 USB-C to HDMI connectivity?

(Topic created on: 09-10-2021 01:01 PM)
Blackdogsdad
Apprentice
Options

I can wirelessly connect my Galaxy A50 to my BenQ projector using Samsung Smartview but the connection isn’t 100% reliable... sometimes the two devices fail to connect. A wired connection using a USB-C to HDMI cable might appear to be a more reliable solution BUT, whilst such a cable is available, I read somewhere that the A50 can’t output in this way. I’m displaying .jpg images and occasional .mp4 movie clips. Can anybody confirm whether or not this is the case please? Thank you.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah, this is the case. The A series devices, S10 lite and note 10 lite (aside from the A90) don't support display out due to a usb 2.1 port. There's no way to output an image using a hdmi to usb C adapter
0 Likes
Solution
Blackdogsdad
Apprentice
Options

OK, thanks for that. Bad news but I'm glad I asked the question before buying a cable. Thanks again Qwerty7.

0 Likes
BartySlartfast
First Poster
Options
I bought the cable before reading this! Anyway, saves me time trying to get it to work.
0 Likes
Chamrob
First Poster
Options
I also bought a cable before reading it....now I'll have to upgrade my phone to be able to use the €18 cable...duh...
0 Likes
Blackdogsdad
Apprentice
Options

12 months on from posing my original question I’m now thinking about upgrading from a Galaxy A50 possibly to a Galaxy A22, but the most important question is can the A22 successfully output its photos to a projector via a USB-C to HDMI cable? I imagine it can connect wirelessly like my A50 BUT the connection is a bit unstable (momentary break-up of images) and sometimes won’t connect at all so rather than simply hope the A22 wireless connection is better than the A50, I’m thinking a wired connection is probably the way forward. Any help gratefully appreciated. PS I’m thinking of the A22 as there’s an OK deal out there at the moment, but is there an easy way of checking this cabled connection compatibility with other models?

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
None of the A series support display out through the usb C port, as they all have USB 2.0 or 2.1 ports which generally can't do this without additional power. You would need an S series phone from the s8 or above (excluding the S10 and note 10 "lite") to be able to do this
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
If a device has a usb 3 port it generally should support display out, however this is not always the case as Google pixel devices have this hardware to support it but it is disabled in software
0 Likes
Blackdogsdad
Apprentice
Options

Thank you very much. Just what I needed to know.

0 Likes