Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A50 stucks on black screen saver

(Topic created on: 03-09-2020 01:57 PM)
RedSam
Student
Options

Dear Samsung Support,

I have the following symptoms on my Samsung Galaxy A50/ SN: R58M50KJXMW / Android 10 :

-- When the phone is locked the screen turns off, but the problem is when i press the power bouton or any other bouton to turn the screen back on it stucks on black screen with some light flashes trying to turn it self on without success !

The workround I am doing to temp get it back on is to restart the phone !

Can you please help.

Thanks,

Red :smiling-face:

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @RedSam ,

can I ask you if the phone has been dropped or if this is presenting any damage at all? Were you using any app before locking the phone?

I have also found this page with a couple of troubleshooting steps: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-the-screen-on-your-device-is-flicker... would you be able to give these a try? 

RedSam
Student
Options

Hey @TessM,

Thanks for your support,

It is possible that it has been dropped, but the screen is clean no breaks, this is a new phone purchased few months ago outside my location (International).

I have tried your suggested TS steps but still the same.

In fact I've noticed that the problem happens when the phone is exposed to the sun or in hot weather ! as of today for example, I was in the office from the 1st morning until lunch time, the weather was cool, so the phone was perfect no problem, but as soon as i went for a lunch outside (sunny hot weather) the phone became hot as any other phone, then the problem reappeared again. And this is not the 1st time I am noticing this !! 

Thanks,

Regards   

0 Likes