Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A50-Slow Charging

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 08:32 PM)
iamfahadqayyum
First Poster
Options

For some reason my A50 charges very very very slowly...it literally doesn't charge if you are using the phone while charging it...it takes up hours ( 4 hours for full charge even on fast charging mode...probably more) even if I power off the phone..

But for some weird reason...it charges a bit faster (or should I say at it's normal speed..like it used to) when it's on airplane mode

I've tried to charge it with a different adapter nd cable...still the same problem

I thought latest update would fix this problem bcz said something about improving the charging's algorithm but in my case..it made it even worse 

Can anyone help me regarding this issue please ? I even reset my phone thinking it might be a software bug but my problem remained the same..

Any help would be appreciated 

10 REPLIES 10
Yaqoubmohamed47
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem 

0 Likes
Candoksanbir
First Poster
Options

Galaxy a 50 slow cahrging problem im very sad to buy samsung product.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi all

Are you using the original charger that came supplied with the phone? Is Fast Charging enabled? This can be found in Settings > Device Care > Battery > Menu > Settings > Fast Cable Charging. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Candoksanbir
First Poster
Options

Fast charge enabled and original charger .we know.

0 Likes
mastermind456
Explorer
Options
I have a Galaxy A40 and my charging speeds are fine. Does your phone get very hot? There could be some misbehaving apps on your phone, which could explain why Airplane Mode increases charging speeds. Check your battery usage on Device Care, if anything seems out of the ordinary, uninstall it and probably Factory Reset just in case. If your battery usage appears to be normal, you could have a defective power brick or cable. This is unlikely, since you have specified that a different cable yields the same results. This leaves us with a software issue, which seems strange because no other phone reviewers I have seen seem to have discovered this problem.
I hope you find a solution to this problem...
0 Likes
dringabri
First Poster
Options

I am currently experiencing the same problem or have. It started yesterday I was charging my phone in my room and it was very hot here in the Philippines these days. I left my phone charging on top of my pillow with the case on and then I noticed it's been hours and my phone has not gone up the 60% eversince I charged it. Next day still with the same problem I tried removing the case and placed it on top of a solid surface and it charged faster again.

Long story short,  heat is causing it to charge slower. Try removing the case as it causes less heat to dissipate from the battery. Worked for me

0 Likes
SupremoQ
First Poster
Options

How long does it take to charge your phone? im from the philippines as well and my phone from 11% to 100% takes about 2hrs 48 mins

0 Likes
yoman1
First Poster
Options
Disable fast charging
0 Likes
Uzoma
Voyager
Options

I suggest making sure you use a wall socket instead of an extension as that may be faulty

0 Likes