Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy a50 screen won't stay black when I lock it

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 12:14 AM)
willtrimz
Student
Options

Today a bug started happening on my galaxy a50 where the phone refuses to dim and go to the black screensaver.

It just stays on the lock screen and each time i press the lock button it will turn black for a split second but will then instantly light back up again, displaying the lock screen so the power is draining much quicker.

The phone is also refusing to charge. I have never had either of these two issues before and have had the phone for about 10 months.

I thought the screen issue could be to do with the "lift to wake" feature or the face ID constantly trying to scan for a face but both are turned off and the problem remains.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
When did it last update? My Samsung Galaxy A51 5g has been doing that since the day I got it (end of October) but my Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 never used to do it. However my phone still charges and the fact that it keeps turning on isnt draining the battery too much for my phone. Hope you find out what is going on.
Stay safe 🌈
0 Likes
willtrimz
Student
Options

It has probably not been updated in the last 5 or six months to be honest I keep postponing the update.

I was going to try and update to see if it would resolve the bug but as my phone is below 20% charge and will not charge up it will not allow me to update.

Thank you, i hope so too.

0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Its probably worth taking it to a qualified tech store then because you have done all you can. Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon 🤞🤞🤞
willtrimz
Student
Options

UPDATE: The phone is now turned on and seems to be remaining on. The screen issue is no longer occuring however the battery percentage is frozen at one percent (though it must be getting power from the charger cable otherwise it would still be dead)

Very confused

0 Likes