Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A5 2017's screen turns on after a couple of seconds when a phone call comes in

(Topic created on: 27-10-2021 02:19 PM)
Gronaut
First Poster
Options

Hello!
As the title says the screen of my phone turns on after a couple of seconds when a call is coming in. Doesn't matter what app the call comes in, the problem still stands. Haven't been able to find anything anywhere about this. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarlH
Options

Hi @Gronaut. The screen turns off when you hold the phone up to your ear so you don't accidentally press on any other buttons. 

Gronaut
First Poster
Options

Hi Carl, that is not what I'm talking about, when a call comes in, before answering or anything, it takes a while for the phone to light up show options to either answer the call or hang up. The phone did recently start having trouble with performance a little as well.

0 Likes
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

Ok, let's see if we can get this running as normal then, @Gronaut 😊 Could there be anything covering the proximity sensor when a call is incoming? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already on this issue? A simple restart may work wonders! You can turn the phone off and after a couple of minutes, pop this back on and monitor whether the issue continues! 

0 Likes
Gronaut
First Poster
Options

Hi thanks for the reply! I feel I should've said this before, I am tech savvy so I did try some things. The sensor was not the problem, I did clean the screen and put the phone face up on the table and the problem persisted. I did restart the phone, shut it down, waited for a little then tried again. I took out the sim cards and restarted the phone then re-installed them and restarted again. Still didn't fix it. That's when I wrote here. Thank you all for the replies and sorry I didn't give more of a detailed explanation.

0 Likes