Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A5 2017 - Home screen rotation

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 10:32 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Since a recent update my A5 2017 suddenly rotates the home screen to landsacpe when you turn the phone to that angle. It never used to do this for the home screen, only for apps like Gallery that need the rotation. I know how to turn off rotation for everything but I just want to turn it off for the home screen only. Help much appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options
@Anonymous User: In order to lock your Home Screen to portrait mode please follow the steps below.

Settings > Display > Home Screen > Rotate to landscape mode > Flip the switch to the left so it greys out.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thank you but the option "Rotate to landsacpe mode" does not exist where you have specified.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Apologies, @Anonymous User. What Android version are you currently on?
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Android Version - 8.00

Samsung Experience Version 9.0

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Have tried phoning the telephone support number but the only option the advisor came up with was to keep turning the global setting for rotation on and off as required. This is unnacceptable and there must be a way of just turning rotation off for the home screen. It's only since a very recent update that it has been doing this. 

Would very much appreciate help.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Would very much appreciate help with this issue. It never used to happen and only following a recent update has this problem of the home screen rotating to landsacpe started happening with no apparent option to turn it off just for the home screen.

0 Likes
florismk
Apprentice
Options

A year later, I'm suffering from the same issue. The home screen never rotated before. I know this for a fact, because I use the phone for nagivation, and always rotate it to landscape in my car to place it in the holder, before launching TomTom. Previously, this would simply turn the entire home screen layout by 90 degrees. Now, it rotates and reorganizes my home screen icons, cutting off the second row of apps and hiding hte rest, and leaving almost half the screen blank. And like AjayK56, I'm not finding an option for home screen rotation anywhere in my settings. This is highly annoying! 

PS: I do remember having seen a home screen rotation option previously. Turned it on for testing, hated it, turned it off again.

Screenshot_20201229-104355_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

0 Likes
florismk
Apprentice
Options

PS: I'm on the same Android version (8.0.0) and Samsung Experience version (9.0). Trying Twitter support now. No way I'm calling phone support; my experience with that is 100% negative.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Jut like when I started this thread 13 months ago this also started happening to me again recently. It had stopped doing it after a system update about a month after my original post. It seems to be intermittent and will often resolve simply by restarting the phone.

0 Likes