Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A42 gallery problem after software update

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 05:56 PM)
Regiweb
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I install the last software update few days ago. After that I couldn't reach my photo folder in the gallery,  meaning I can see the folder but when I go inside the screen is white , no photo.

In addition,  when I take photo,  I cannot find the photo that's been taken , it seems it doesn't take the photo or delete it immediately.  

Please someone can help , I cannot do anything with my camera or gallery anymore...

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Regiweb: Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble accessing your Gallery app. If you press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, does this help at all? If not, swipe up from your Home screen and head to Samsung (folder) > My Files > Images. Are the photos accessible from this location?

0 Likes
Regiweb
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply. 

The hard reset didn't help unfortunately,  and the image folders is indeed accessible but again not the photo. Meaning when I enter the folder it's empty.

Any other idea?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Regiweb: Can you try opening the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol > Reset Settings. Now, head to Settings > Apps > Camera > Permissions, and make sure that Camera and Files and Media are both allowed. 

0 Likes
Regiweb
First Poster
Options

Did that. About the permissions,  their is only camera and storage , which are allowed. I don't have files or media.

Anyway unfortunately it didn't work either.

0 Likes
Regiweb
First Poster
Options

Ok, I don't know what happened but it suddenly work.

My son play with the camera , take some photo (and I allow him since I thought it just not working) and suddenly it take photos and I can see it, as well as I can enter to my other folder in the gallery and actually see the photos there.

Though it opened new folder for the photos that's been taking now, meaning all the photos that was taken since my son took some photo are in new folder name "camera" , which I have to say that now I have few folder with the same name...

Anyway , I must say I have no idea what was wrong and how does it fixes,  but it's now working for the moment.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Good day

0 Likes