Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A41 not showing hotspot on AOD after Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 06:01 PM)
NomDePhone
Journeyman
Options

On installing Android 11 on my Galaxy A41 I can no longer see an icon for active hotspot on my AOD (always-on display for lock-screen). I presume this is because hotspot info seems to have been changed from a ‘notification’ to a ‘system status’ item – I see it on the right rather than the left of the home screen status bar now, along with e.g. battery, phone signal, alarm. In contrast, the radio icon still appears as a notification on the AOD and on the left of the status bar when I’m using radio. The hotspot icon on the AOD was useful to me as I could tell at a glance whether it had turned itself off after inactivity, without having to interact with the touchscreen. Anyone know whether this change was intentional, or whether there’s a way to get it back?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
On your a41
Pull down the quick menu
From the top of your phone
It will show
Mobile hotspot there
You may have to scroll
The page right to left
page 3 on
My phone

If not seeing it
On the quick page list
Click on the + to add it Screenshot_20210623-182037_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
NomDePhone
Journeyman
Options

Thanks - I can indeed see the icon there, but the problem is that I want a symbol to show on my lock-screen, which I have set for always-on display. I would like to see if the hotspot is still on when I've not been using the phone for a while, without touching it.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
You could perhaps
try a widget
To show on lock screen
Google playstore
hotspot
That may work
0 Likes
NomDePhone
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the suggestions. I've had a look but haven't found anything suitable yet. Also had a look at the 'themes' for AOD, but I think these just add an aesthetic graphic rather than allow choice of notifications/status. However I'll keep an eye out for apps/widgets I may have missed.

0 Likes