Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A40

(Topic created on: 27-05-2021 01:03 PM)
DMC1974
Student
Options

I got this phone recently from my insurance company because my contract phone had fell down toilet. I think its a refurbished phone so when I was setting everything up I kept getting the above error messages & was unable to get rid if them. I also lost photos, videos, files with important documents & all of dates in calendar & probably other stuff 2 & because my other phone was water damaged I could not even switch it on to transfer everything over which I didn't think would matter because everything should have been saved in cloud, files etc...
I visited EE but they were unable to help, the staff member had never heard of a phone being rooted although he did fix VPN configurations as I was advised to do by samsung whom I'd also contacted.
Does anyone have any idea about any of these issues? Please help!!! 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
StephK1
Options

Hey @DMC1974 so sorry to hear about your previous phone, unfortunately I've sent phones down the loo too and it's rubbish! 😓 As for the phone you have now, rooting is replacing the original official software with an unofficial version, which also voids the manufacturer's warranty. I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with the insurance company who provided this phone to you to see what they can do. ðŸ™‚

PS- removed the second photo as it had personal details in it, if you would like to add it again with these details covered or cropped out, please feel free ðŸ™‚

0 Likes
DMC1974
Student
Options
Thank you so much @StephK1. I will contact the insurance company, I knew there was something that wasn't right 🤨
Thanks also for removing second photo, I realised after I posted that my email address was on it & I tried editing it but couldn't use that function & wasn't sure how to remove it so thanks again 😊