Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy a40 still no update

(Topic created on: 17-04-2020 01:55 AM)
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

I have a galaxy a40 bought from carphone warehouse on the 28th jan 2020 i still havent recieved  any security updates for my device and i have been looking online and there has been 2 realesed since the july security patch which my device has there was 1 realesed on the 12th feb 2020 with the 1st jan security patch which i still havent recieved i havent had a notification and i also have checked manually my csc code is xeu could anyone help me with this ? Or has anyone with my csc code recieved the update in the uk. I have done a hard reset and still it says my software is up to date is there any reason why its taking so long for it to reach my device ?

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

Yes got android 10 this morning 👍its  much better than android pie alot smoother battery life is amazing still havent had a chance to see all the features but well glad i got the update as i heard alot of issues after installing android 10 but mine seems to he working great.

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

Screenshot_20200416-083251_Software update.jpg

Didnt think i would be happy with android 10 after some reviews it bricking devices etc but so far i love it not 1 issue here 👌

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

Got mine today any improvment battery life? 

Cliveco2
Journeyman
Options

Too early to tell yet, only fully charged it for the first time last night.

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

So far it seems better just charged my phone this morning will post a screen shot with my screen on time before my next charge cycle. The one thing i wish that came with android 10 was always on display its one thing this phone is missing shame it wasnt added with the update.

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@Boogienights  i see a big diffrence in battery life as u can see in my screen shot ive 43% battery left with 3 hrs 59 mins sot.Screenshot_20200417-170045_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Cliveco2
Journeyman
Options

I agree, battery life does seem to be improved for me too. Not done any scientific testing but well in to the evening here and I still have 67% left. Which is higher than before.

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@Cliveco2  Good result all round who doesnt want better battery life.

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

Check out call settings mini pop up cool for incoming calls.  Now let's get AOD and we'll be happy campers. It's very iOS gestures easy. I bet Android 11 will be cool....I wish Samsung would update messages more often like Google. On right track though. 

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@Boogienights  i will give it a try and i totally agree only thing missing is AOD when u charge your phone now it gives u a battery icon with the percentage so u just glance at your phone well its charging and it tells u how much charge or if its fully charged it would be easy to just give us aod.

0 Likes