Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy a40 still no update

(Topic created on: 28-02-2020 11:25 PM)
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

I have a galaxy a40 bought from carphone warehouse on the 28th jan 2020 i still havent recieved  any security updates for my device and i have been looking online and there has been 2 realesed since the july security patch which my device has there was 1 realesed on the 12th feb 2020 with the 1st jan security patch which i still havent recieved i havent had a notification and i also have checked manually my csc code is xeu could anyone help me with this ? Or has anyone with my csc code recieved the update in the uk. I have done a hard reset and still it says my software is up to date is there any reason why its taking so long for it to reach my device ?

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Robbie-35 

I once bought a Samsung phone from Carphone Warehouse and its CsC was XEU which is a phone that's unlocked to all networks but not supplied directly by Samsung.

My phone with the XEU CsC took an age to recieve most updates which is a known issue so I now buy my phones direct from Samsung which have a BTU CsC.

You could try the Samsung Smartswitch software or a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to see if they can help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Ok BandOfBrothers thanks for the information.
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

My galaxy a40 in the uk just got an update today update size 588mb security patch 1st january20200226_164322.jpg

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options
Same january! i think they are working on one ui 2 atm !so expect we'll have 10 soon
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Ok boogienights its just it took a while for even a security update to come through hope we get android 10 soon.
Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

Are you on January patch? 

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

Yes @Boogienights  im on january security patch is that what security patch your on ? My update size was 588mb was yours the same

0 Likes
Scott82447
First Poster
Options

aye a got January patch in February 15th 

0 Likes
Cliveco2
Journeyman
Options
It's out now in the UK. Got mine just after manual check.
0 Likes