Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy a40 one ui 2.1 update

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 04:10 PM)
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

Just wondering if any1 has any information if they galaxy a40 will get one ui 2.1 ?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Updates are sent out in waves in connection to country of origin, build and serial number @Robbie-35 

Also the phones csc can have an impact.

i.e my phone was purchased directly from Samsung so my csc is BTU so updates cone.dirwct from Samsung.

You can find yours via the phoneinfo app from the Playstore.

If the phone was released in another country and imported to use in another country this can delay updates or in some cases don't come.through.

This is known as a grey import phone.

Also if the phone was supplied by a Network it will have their flavour of firmware on it. In the Uk most networks like to test out new updates before allowing Samsung to push out the updates to try and make sure nothing clashes with their network services.

You could try Samsung Smartswitch for updstes.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

It won't, they don't care about updates on these midrange phones. You will get one UI 3 and that's it. My a8 2018 never got one UI 1.1, it's stuck on 1.0. They will not update the a40 to UI 2.1.

CristianGabriel
Pioneer
Options

@Qwerty7 wrote:

It won't, they don't care about updates on these midrange phones. You will get one UI 3 and that's it. My a8 2018 never got one UI 1.1, it's stuck on 1.0. They will not update the a40 to UI 2.1.

Yes that's *****ty from Samsung. They care only about digging money from newly released smartphones. Software's the most important and they are trashing their Support.

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I heard they were already working on one ui 2.5 for all there galaxy devices it's not like one ui 2.1 or 2.5 is major update it's still based on android 10 hopefully we will see something about it in the next few months
0 Likes